• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Using your truck or company truck??

CAT MAN

Duramax Demon
Reaction score
I finally got to talk to the boss at over at the construction company i want to work for and he said he would be more then happy to have me plow for them and he said we will let you use one of our trucks or you can us your own, there runing 95-98 CHEVY/GMC 2500-3500 6.5turbo diesel with boss,western,fisher plows. What should i do use there truck or mine If i use those i think i have a buyer for my plow and spreader??? please give me some input:confused:

Man, that's a no-brainer to me. Why beat the crap out of your truck to save them money? Use their trucks, but treat them like your own, and everyone will be happy.

thats what i was thinking guess it was a stupid question.. sorry

I wasn't trying to be mean-spirited; I know when my dealership sends me to whatever crap I get a choice of a company vehicle or my own, I drive my own for various reasons. The big difference is I'm just driving, not plowing or working my stuff. Even if your company was paying you a fuel and wear allowance, repairs get expensive quick. You could blow your transfer case apart in the first hour, and then be in a jam over who pays for it. With their trucks, they have to pay for any repairs (barring abuse).

No i understand.. I think thats what im going to do run there truck for plowing..

Agreed with using theirs.. unless they will pay you alot more to use yours

no there just paying for fuel and repairs so im going to use theirs.

Thanks guys

when i work for my uncle, he pays $12 an hour for his truck. $50 an hour for mine. i choose mine. he doesnt pay for fuel or repairs. when im with him, its big paved parking lots. easy mindless work. enough weight in the bed so im in 2wd. its great when he's a truck down.

Ken

If pay is the same, definately theirs, although I wouldn't jump to sell your plow b/c you never know.............

well i have a friend of mine that came and looked at my plow and spreader and he told me he would be back tomorrow cause he has to ask his wife.. LOL even if something was to go wrong with the company im going to work for i still have a truck to drive for my grandpa and old powerjoke

well I sold my spreader but i think im going to keep my plow because Im not to sure about this company im thinking of working for we had a storm today and i showed up and didnt have a truck to drive so that pissed me off and the boss said i dont know why there aint no truck so it seems like a run around.. I do have a job offering at the JD dealer as a parts person and they said they also need someone to plow so.. we will see

Doesnt sound like they are organized very well. Definitly keep your blade, you can alway upgrade to a bigger spreader or an in bed sander. You might better start up your own route if your work schedule permits it. My next invetsment is a loader but that wont be until next summer/fall. I am bidding on a condo developement for the snow plowing/removal. I already have the trash contract and the home owners association is pleased with my work. If i get the snow removal contract i should make approx $12-$15k with sanding. There are 3 other condo developments in the same area to bid on too. It be worth my while to invest in a loader.

Back