• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Using the truck for what it was designed for....

88gmctruck

02GMCtruck
Reaction score
Just a few pictures from a short wheelin' trip yesterday. Haven't had the truck out since April, so it was nice to stretch her legs a bit. She had a full day.

Towing my friends Yota to the park. Even with 3.73s (I know, I know), 35s and the original 350 it still did respectable enough.
P1060674.jpg

Brandon (07HDClassic) met up with us too. He towed the trailer later in the day, since well, you know.
P1060675.jpg

And tow rig now goes to play.
P1060676.jpg

P1060677.jpg

P1060679.jpg

Terrain like this is some of my favorite, as the truck performs great in it. Never lost traction in 2wd and never high-centered. This is why I no longer have IFS.
P1060682.jpg

P1060683.jpg

P1060684.jpg

P1060685.jpg

It still has about another 1.5" up on this side before the bumpstops......and another 4" down on the other side.
P1060687.jpg

The aftermath. I avoided the watery mud for the most part, I hate what it does to my brakes and didn't want to have to clean my hubs out again.....
P1060688.jpg

P1060689.jpg

Following the two diesels back up to brandon's house. Left is a RCLB 12v Cummins and right is Brandon's CCSB 07c Duramax. They tried to smoke me out but failed.....
P1060690.jpg

Now thats awesome...! Thanks for the pictures. I just wish everyone would do that.

awesome pics..I like off camber moguls...they can get you good if you have a stock rig..but you or I wouldn't know anything about that....I gotta post my cell pics one day(shut up Nick)

If I had money to blow, I'd have to get an 83-86 GM CUCV. 1 1/4 ton, Dana 60's, made out of metal. Those were about as stout as you could get in a production vehicle. Drop in a healthy 454 or 496, lift it 9", run 38's and mud the **** out of it. Now that'd be awesome.

I like your style.....mine would be a 502 marine block twin turbo charged....5 ton rockwells 8 inch with 44s cut out fenders......):hthink i'm jokin...once I get money you can take that to the bank

If I had money to blow, I'd have to get an 83-86 GM CUCV. 1 1/4 ton, Dana 60's, made out of metal. Those were about as stout as you could get in a production vehicle. Drop in a healthy 454 or 496, lift it 9", run 38's and mud the **** out of it. Now that'd be awesome.

Whats wrong with a 6.2 Nick? :nono:):h

Back