• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Upgrading Turbo on Everyday Use 1994 BLAZER 2DR 6.5. OPINIONS?

I hear ya, my impression is that the ATT is a well purposed, easy to install, and properly supported aftermarket option to replace/upgrade the GMX turbos with something more capable for the 6.5TD. It makes sense for me as a DIY'r with limited time looking for a practical option that won't take a ton of messing around to get set up. I will most likely be purchasing one soon and I intend to take some before and after data to provide yet another point of reference for people like myself who, in the future, come here to look for a reliable review of exactly to expect. BTW: I believe the ATT's are now listed on ebay.... Good for Slim or whoever is the stakeholder in this venture. As a business owner myself, I've found ebay to be one of many tools that are well suited to increasing exposure and awareness of your product in addition to sellind a few extra units. Cheers and I'll check in later!

Sounds like the ATT is a great option and I would probably go that way if I didn't run across this free HX35. So my plan is to get Raceday's kit and install the free turbo. While she's down I will be installing fresh injectors, my new crossover, and the DiamondEye exhaust from I purchased from Leroy. I know it will require more 'tuning' but I have to go with what is cheaper for me.
Now I just need to find the injectors and a good tune.
I thouroughly enjoy reading what everyone is doing with their rides and hope to share my experience too.

If your putting your truck down....Have your injectors rebuilt.

I agree, i just bought rebuilt injectors from a fellow member. He got them from a vendor who I contacted to find out pop pressure and he would not tell me.

Best bet to have them done locally so you know whats what with the injectors. Its what I plan to do with my original injectors, eventually.

I will call my local shop on Monday but they were not good to deal with when I was needing an IP. They wanted more to rebuild it than to sell me a brand new one. Of course they were out of new ones....:WTF:
I will check regardless.
Is there anyone within reasonable distance of me that has had good luck with a shop? I will drive an hour or so to find a good shop to deal with.

You might have to ship them out that's what I'm doing with my injectors. Local shop couldn't figure out that my 6.5 is not a duramax and that the injectors are not common rail

Back