• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Update on the DaHooooley

Missy Good Wench

Wild Blonde from Cloud Mt
Reaction score
Well winter has certainly been a Beotch around here.

Got the New GEP 6.5 block all done now and its ready for me to pick up at the shop.
Got the Scat crank sitting in the shop, and now for some great news, landed a fresh set of heads from a P400 the other day.

These heads came on a P400 that was ordered by a local shop for a Hummer with a sour 6.5 (cracked number 8 cyl)

The engine got here and was found to have the standard heads and not the 60 degree bolt holes needed on the Hummer. (intake manifold)

The shop owner recently called me and offered the extra heads for sale.

This was a nice happening for sure.

Sooooooo once the weather gets a tad better, I can get after this thing and get it together.

With the GEP Block and heads along with the scat crank, this should be a fine engine.

Its bored to standard size holes (Block had raw unfinished cyl's)

Anyway, looking good in the Hood

Missy

Last edited:
Maybe you should buy some lottery tickets.:hihi: It looks like your luck has drastically changed for the better.:partay: How often does a set of GEP heads fall in your lap?:yikes::drool5:

Woooo-hooo, congratulations on the head score. Yes, this unrelenting winter we've had over here in the PNW has been a real frustration hasn't it?

Good to hear that DaHooooley is coming back together.

Sadly, the interior of the truck got its A$$ kicked over the long winter.
I have used Moisture getters and such but there is still some mold showing up in a few places.

Its not bad, but is irritating and has to be cleaned up.

I have sprayed the interior a couple times with Lysol and its helped but still it makes me angry to see this.

The GEP heads are not tough to come by, just spendy is all. The deal was a supprise as the fellow had told me that he did not want to sell the heads.
But things change ya know.

The best deal was landing that nice GEP Block. OMG what a score.

Once this thing is back together, it should be good for a long time and lots of miles.

Going to try and get going on the engine assembly ASAP

Missy

I'm glad you got the luck going. I'm going to come over and stand close so some of it rubs off or falls off on to me.

All's going back together well, so far, for me.

John

I always make sure to try and bleed on the beast, that last time there was not any blood letting, must be why it failed.

I bled all over the motor the last two times and look where that got me. This time I've been careful and haven't lost a drop. But then again this time I'm being overly anal about everything. Maybe it's got to be the other way around for me. LOL

John

Whatever works I guess.

I will say this, the 6.5 can be finicky about head and deck condition.
When things are right, all will be well. If either the head or the deck is not in great shape the job can go sour really quick.

Missy

With the rain we've had in the last few days. You can use that up just opening the bag. I'll have to look at some of that before next winter for the 5th wheel.

Thanks,

John

Back