• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

UOA What lab to use.

hookedup50

Reaction score
It is time to take a sample and send it out. Who does everybody use for analysis. I have used Dyson in the past, but think cost is high and don't really need to spend money on interpretation. Cheap analysis at dyson is 79 bucks. Will post up PDF after I get results. Thanks.

I buy my oil from an oil distributor that provides free oil analysis through a local lab. I'm sure I pay for it in the price of the oil but that's offset by buying it bulk and providing my own container (I have a couple of old metal 5 gallon oil cans that I take in and get refilled). I have to pay for supplies (bottles, mainly) but that's it. Might be worth checking around with your distributors near you.

I buy my oil from an oil distributor that provides free oil analysis through a local lab. I'm sure I pay for it in the price of the oil but that's offset by buying it bulk and providing my own container (I have a couple of old metal 5 gallon oil cans that I take in and get refilled). I have to pay for supplies (bottles, mainly) but that's it. Might be worth checking around with your distributors near you.

By the way, I just checked and the lab I send my oil to is called Spectra Lab in Tacoma, WA. I checked their website and they list their basic oil analysis at $18 plus $3 shipping and advanced at $30 plus $3 shipping.

Back