• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

UOA Sheet ?s

hookedup50

Reaction score
I finally got a sample sent out where I didn't have leaks or some other reason to add new oil between changes. The verbal report sounds good, but I am hesitant to extend out to 6K intervals. This is my former construction truck and it is my DD. It occasionally gets a max load in bed. Maybe once a month. Any input would be appreciated. Is there a soot measurement(wonder how much soot FS2500 removes). When I put the Ted's engine in, I was unaware of total seal gapless rings. I was mostly looking for coolant and how much TBN left. Thanks. My Sig is fairly complete with exception of CDR catch can from Tractor Supply

Attachments

• HARRIET-060615 oil analysis.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 6
Viscosity at 100C is starting to limit you on this sample. It's about to jump to 50 weight. Wish they would have a soot measurement - ask them for it as they may still have your sample around. Here is "ruined" engine oil: (Low time 1900 miles and I dumped it for synthetic as the spool valve mod clearly required it. Silicone is high from silicone gasket maker used in the engine build.)

Try a 5000 mile sample and see if you stay under on the Viscosity. (Soot and oil overheating increase viscosity.)

conventional_limits.jpg

conventional_limits2.jpg

Back