• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unexpectedly aquired a NV4500 yesterday for very cheap!

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
just thought I would tell you guys what I got yesterday!

four days ago, a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to go with her on a trip to a town about 100 miles away on Wednesday (yesterday), sick of the horrible heat and lack of good a/c, I happily agreed. I hopped online, and cruised the local classifieds online, and found something of interest.

2 days later, I called an ad for a 5 speed transmission removed from a 1995 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd pickup $150. It was at the same town as which the friend needed to go to. Oh good, a NV3500 to put in place of the 5LM60 in the ol 91 chevy, i thought. showed up yesterday, and the guy took me out to the shop, and what sits on the pallet but an NV4500! got it and 3 alloy rims with tires for my 1/2tons (5 on 5 15 inch) for the grand total of 200 bucks! clicks into gear smooth, shifts in all, rotates smoothly.

It is sitting under a tarp at a buddy's place, as the friend I rode down with had a lame-ass little Escape, and we were to not get it dirty, so I decided to come back for the trans, but took the bellhousing, flywheel, and shifter & boot, all wrapped in bags, that night.

so I got a NV4500 and 3 tires and wheels I still need to go get, but for the price I got them at, I can afford to drive 200 miles round trip! :)

the trans will go into the 95 GMC, as it is very noisy. hopefully getting dropped in with the 99 engine also.

Next time spring for a little more beer so you can get things dirty! There isn't anything a motivated car wash can't get out.

My first brand new pickup got it's first dent in the bed from a strap breaking and a friends broken handshaker sliding across the bed and wham! It has some loose bolts and one fell out and had locked things up in it. The rest of the dents were easier to take after that.

no big deal my dads old and hes been a hand shaker all along

Hmmmpf, old! not old, just very experienced ---- young whippersnapper anyway, -- hehe!!

I learned to drive on a tractor, the first one I drove being an old Johnny popper with the hand clutch and hand brake. I got my drivers license in a 1961 Rambler American with a three-on-a-tree and flat head six motor.

Don

Darn!!! there goes a possible sale for me:mad2::D Great find:thumbsup:
Handshakers interfere with my coffee drinking while I drive but they keep falling in my lap lately:rolleyes5:

Darn!!! there goes a possible sale for me:mad2::D Great find:thumbsup:
Handshakers interfere with my coffee drinking while I drive but they keep falling in my lap lately:rolleyes5:

a kid i know around here is looking for one to put behind his 6.5 so if you are parting one i may be able to make the sale for you and he will need all the stuff to put it in he has a manuall now i dont know if you are interested but im sure he will be wanting to get rid of the 4l80

a kid i know around here is looking for one to put behind his 6.5 so if you are parting one i may be able to make the sale for you and he will need all the stuff to put it in he has a manuall now i dont know if you are interested but im sure he will be wanting to get rid of the 4l80

Shipping would be very spendy[$300+] I'm not positive at this point if I really have a "extra". I'm not shure if i'm junking the latest 93 or not. I need to have at least one spare in case one takes a dump.

Back