• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

U-Joints

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
(in general - but I'm working to replace my front driveshaft u-joints)

I purchased u-joints from auto zone and 2 caps fit, but the other two (that were perpendicular) were too small for either the shaft yoke or the differential yoke.

Anyone have a part number, or an explanation as to how auto zone can screw something like this up?

The yoke may also be bad and give you a loose fit. You can cheaply replace the yoke. If the proper u-joint has a loose fit issue anyway.

Just bought (2) u-joints from Bumper-to-Bumper (something like $18/ea) : Precision 534G - greaseable w/ retaining clips. All four caps of one (and its the same, so the other 4 ought to be the same) are a snug fit entering the yoke on the driveshaft.

One thing I did forget to do though, I forgot to mark the yokes to match them. :(

iv had alot of troubles buying u joints for the front dshafts of my truck i finally stoped buying them at parts stores and going to a drive shaft shop in town they always get it right and seem to be better quality

U Joints for the K2500 HD (8 bolt axle) are different from K2500 LD (6 bolt) All the parts books I looked at showed the K2500 HD version.

I went through the exact same issue, i bought them took it to my local shop and they were wrong. So i just bit the bullit and had the shop buy the parts and install them. I think their part numbers are f-ed up

When I was looking for front u-joints I got annoyed by the local part stores so I drove to summit and found the right ones :).

Back