• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Twin pump 6.5

I've watched that several times and I've often wondered if a guy could get ds4s to work. maybe use one pump to send it's signals to the puter and then split the output from the puter to run the pmds

I have also wondered if this would work for twin DS4's. If someone did manage to get them to work in parallel with some fancy electrical skills (I think I should talk to my electrical engineering friends....) I wonder how many HP worth of fuel could be had?

Good video, have watched it many times (all his videos) frame by frame. He went with a "P pump" finally on the motor and blew it up. He is now running the "P pump" on a Duramax, converted back to direct injection. The timing is sweet, another tried it for a blower build, but has not updated for a couple years, and not sure if he ever finished it.

Good video, have watched it many times (all his videos) frame by frame. He went with a "P pump" finally on the motor and blew it up. He is now running the "P pump" on a Duramax, converted back to direct injection. The timing is sweet, another tried it for a blower build, but has not updated for a couple years, and not sure if he ever finished it.

Can you guys post links here to the other videos? While I'm not "diehard" on the 6.5, I do enjoy seeing a good running one!

The funniest part is one of my friends sent this video to me several years ago. He was laughing his tail off, and thought if I liked a challenge, I should make a 6.5 keep up to his cummins.
I should have him meet 6.2turbo :) LOL!

The twin pump idea has been rolling around my mind for a LONG time. But... I'd be using different pumps. VE pumps from 4cyl cummins. I'd have my variable timing, and fast injection rate, not to mention enough fuel to make serious power...

I wish someone could get in touch with this guy and have him start posting on this sits, very interesting for sure.... wish mine would turn out like that......

I've watched that several times and I've often wondered if a guy could get ds4s to work. maybe use one pump to send it's signals to the puter and then split the output from the puter to run the pmds

I have also wondered if this would work for twin DS4's. If someone did manage to get them to work in parallel with some fancy electrical skills (I think I should talk to my electrical engineering friends....) I wonder how many HP worth of fuel could be had?

Two words; Electrical nightmare.......

Fuel?

You can probably just double the output of a DS4 if they're run parralell, if you get it to run at all.

So, a wag is 166 mm3 or so (83 mm3 per as limited by the stock programming, bit more if you know how to "massage" a few things).

Kinda pointless though, you'd never get enough time to burn it all in the 6.5.

It might have some application in a pulling or exhibition truck/tractor. Be one heck of a PITA to get it streetable.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.....

Back