• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turn signal problem

John4759

Reaction score
Hi I have 2001 C3500. I am having a problem with the turn Signals, they will not work unless the brake pedal is depressed. Does not make any difference if the ignition is on or off. I replaced the brake switch, but no luck. I just bought the truck but the last owner said it didn’t do it before. Any help would be be appreciated.
John

First check the correct bulbs are in there. I’ve seen single filiment lamps where it should be dual cause this. Could happen the other way around also.
Check the grounds for those lights, could be they are only working through them.

Be leary of aftermarket LED.

First check the correct bulbs are in there. I’ve seen single filiment lamps where it should be dual cause this. Could happen the other way around also.
Check the grounds for those lights, could be they are only working through them.

Be leary of aftermarket LED.
Thanks for the help. This truck has an aftermarket utility body the lights are LEDs. I had to rewire a few because the plug ins were corroded. Everything works except The turn signals need the brake being applied.

I suggest using a simple testlight with the LEDs removed. Get the power to eork on just the wires like it should before adding the mess of LEDs. I have seen SO MANY issues from LED that gets complicated quickly.

Back