• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

turbo to turbo oil drain sealant? 96 Suburban

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Turbo to turbo oil drain sealant?

Is there any sealant that would do any good at this connection?

Mine was leaking before I took it apart. The gasket looks good.

It wasn't very tight when I took it apart.

The bottom clamp on the turbo drain hose was lose also. I can't believe it wasn't leaking much worse.

I got some High Temp oil hose at Napa to replacve the OEM

They all leak.....sometimes just snugging up the worm clamps is all you need, replace the gasket where it bolts up, not much more you can do there.

What's the heat rating on it? If it's over 250 -300 deg. F it should be good IMO.

Drives me crazy. If it was possible to get my vission youngerized. I'd be all over it. Even if I had to sell the wife or something drastic like that.
Can't read my taps, drill bits, sockets or anything else.

And worst of all I can't see rifle sights for diddle., All scopes now

I hear you, $1 cheater glasses and a magnifying glass. Ten years ago I could read the finest print.

x2, I always preferred open sights, was a source of pride to hit with open sight what others couldn't with a scope.

40 years and you can't see chit......I was trying to read some fine print today and couldn't believe how hard of a time I had, I somehow thought the right "light" was gonna help....NOT!

For all us over 40 somethings.

Black high temp sealant will work. Use brake cleaner to clean the surfaces free of any oil first. If you have gasket material to remove I love using the 90* air grinder with the 3M scotch brite. Will make surface look like new without removing metal.

when I was 42 I went to an eye doctor to get something out of my eye. He asked me if I was having any other I problems and I commented that I couldn't see as good as I used to. Straight faced he shook my hand and said welcome to your 40s.

For all us over 40 somethings.

Black high temp sealant will work. Use brake cleaner to clean the surfaces free of any oil first. If you have gasket material to remove I love using the 90* air grinder with the 3M scotch brite. Will make surface look like new without removing metal.

This should be MANDATORY size print on everything!

Back