• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo Master 2.0? A thought...

Mezmorized

Reaction score
I was reading a thread about someone not very pleased with their TM since it either creates unneeded boost when not wanted (at lower rpm's) while having good WOT boost pressure and/or not enough WOT boost for lower rpm normal pressure (for fuel economy).

So I had a thought... Either replace the one spring on the TM with 2 springs inline, one softer and one harder or find a progressive spring that would fit.

Does that make sense?

makes sense but I would think it would take alot of playing around to get it adjusted right. Probably lose some boost in the mid range area

i have had atleast 3 TM's with no issue at all other then the truck ran better. The vac system when it works good, is good...key word when it works good.

the more I think about it I don't think it would work as your trying to hold it closed to build boost. with just about any opening of the gate you lose boost big time

Dual spring just means the wastegate is going to open sooner.

You can't really tune it for opening at cruise and staying closed on accell.

It's a mechanical system, Ya get two choices:

open or closed and you just get to chose the maximum opening pressure.

The rest of the boost curve is dependant on engine speed. That being understood, it works very well within it's designed parameters and limitations.

That's why GM chose the stock vac system. It can be commanded to open and close whenever certain conditions are met.

I got a perkins diesel with a boost operated waste gate,the actuator is getting its signal trough a hose and barb screwed in the intake.
Don't know how much boost it builds before it opens the gate though.

Back