• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo Blanket

DieselCash

Trust but, verify
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a turbo blanket for my GM-8.

Is there any place anybody recommends?
How do they size them?
What size does the GM-8 use/take?
Anybody on here have a turbo blanket on a GM-8?

I am hoping this helps control some of the heat soak I am getting under my hood.

Only 21 views and no one has chimed in. Strange! :agreed:

Maybe I should have posted this in the 6.2/6.5 section. :rolleyes5:

:hello:

Anybody?

I'll chime in if it makes you feel better, but I have no advise or info! I read boatloads and decided I want a blanket on my gm-6 but haven't been shopping yet. I know I am hoping for a custom fit instead of a blanket covered in ties. Good luck.

Hey there DieselCash, I just noticed you are in Killeen also. Small world. Maybe we can get together and compare trucks and ideas.....sound like you have a bunch. I have a few also. I haven't had a chance to fill out a profile or post and pics yet. Still new here.

Hey there DieselCash, I just noticed you are in Killeen also. Small world. Maybe we can get together and compare trucks and ideas.....sound like you have a bunch. I have a few also. I haven't had a chance to fill out a profile or post and pics yet. Still new here.

PM Sent. :thumbsup:

FYI, cheapo me installed rock wool insulation under the OEM heat shield and used HVAC aluminum tape to seal and insulate the rest of it. Since I moved the battery to have a straighter intake, I wanted to have more heat barrier. I also made a prototype shroud for the filter from old license plates. So far so good.

FYI, cheapo me installed rock wool insulation under the OEM heat shield and used HVAC aluminum tape to seal and insulate the rest of it. Since I moved the battery to have a straighter intake, I wanted to have more heat barrier. I also made a prototype shroud for the filter from old license plates. So far so good.

That sounds interesting, got any pictures?

I got mine off amazon and intended it for a GM8, but got an ATT and used it on the ATT. Blankets come in a variety of prices, but not much mention of size. I think I spent 50 ish clams.

I got mine off amazon and intended it for a GM8, but got an ATT and used it on the ATT. Blankets come in a variety of prices, but not much mention of size. I think I spent 50 ish clams.

Thanks!

Right now my camper rebuild is sucking the life out of all my money. I will say I have almost spent as much on new tools than supplies.

I will check out amazon.

Stumbled into one from Silicon Intakes. They were reasonably priced and came in generic T-3 or T-4 sizing. Do not know about durability though as I have yet to install it (bought it for my other beast).

The one I put on the Burb came directly from WalkingJ when I bought the ATT.

And Yes, am thinking the better starting point is in the 6.2 / 6.5 section :hihi:

I was looking at my amazon purchases and the one I got was a godspeed t3 t4 with the spring holders. It is rated to 2000 degrees, but the ATT rarely gets above 1000 for any lenght of time, even with a load. It was 67 bucks with free ship. It is definately cooler under hood and it doesn't seem to mind the heat so far.

I was looking at my amazon purchases and the one I got was a godspeed t3 t4 with the spring holders. It is rated to 2000 degrees, but the ATT rarely gets above 1000 for any lenght of time, even with a load. It was 67 bucks with free ship. It is definately cooler under hood and it doesn't seem to mind the heat so far.

This one?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0067ND7WM/?tag=jhuntlink-20

Which turbo do you have?

Got any pictures of it on your truck?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep thats the one. I'm running an ATT. I do have a pic somewhere. If you PM me an email address I send you a photo. I've never sorted out photo resizing, or I'd post up.

Here is "hookedup50" turbo blanket installed on an ATT.

Looks good! :thumbsup:

Thanks for letting me post your pictures.
Turbo blanket 01.jpg
Turbo blanket 02.jpg

turbo intake breather.jpg

I'll take the laptop outside to take pic.s, can't find the camera charger.

Finally got some bad pics, here's the best one. It's hard to miss my vapor separator/breather, it's easy to miss the Texas license plate that is part of the shroud.

Back