• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

tuner for a lb7 duramax truck!!

sorry.

i have a lb7 according to diesel trucks guide to picking what engine I have

I'm running the edge on level 5. I averaged 20mpg on my trip to bowling green over the weekend. 80mph on the interstate and smoke from every stoplight in town.:D 421miles of driving. I wish the DIC was more correct, it was showing 25mpg average when i got there(prolly closer to 22-23 in actuality) it showed 21.3average when i fueled up today. Close but no cigar:doh:

Edge seems to be a good tuner. Go with that or a Diablo Predator. It all really depends on what you want to do with the truck. Race, economy, towing...:)

I was happy with the superchips flash pack when I had it. it gave me the little more kick I Was lookin for when I started. and inproved milage by 1 to 2 mpg depending.plus it reads codes and has some other features as well as being really user friendly.

well Ill give the same schpeel I always give. (I should really save this as a word document).

The only 3 tuners I ever reccomend are, Edge J/A, PPE HOT, EFI Live.

Heres why.

Edge (around $800), if you want a decent tuner with power, smoke , safety features, gauges, fuel economy, and some other nice little feautes go with the edge w/attitude. Its great because you can keep the rest of your truck stock and it switches on the fly. Its also hard to limp the tranny with this tuner. Its a good all around tuner for the beginner. Good company to work with too.

PPE HOT +2 (around $1,000) if the Edge isnt enough power, go with the PPE. But youll need gauges at a minimum and tranny upgrades to run the big tunes. Another downside is that you cant switch on the fly. But if the Edge just isnt enough power, but you dont want to take the time to make your own tunes. PPE HOT +2 is the way to go.

Last is EFI Live ($750). This is for the guy who is a control freak and wants to be the best and always have that perfect tune. You make your own tunes, but the learning curve is very intense. Its not for everybody. At first youll need gauges. Then along the way youll find yourself completely upgrading the entire truck. Best thing is that it canb grow with your truck and is the last tuner youll ever buy. You also need a laptop. I would also reccomend a DSP5 switch so you can switch between 5 tunes on the fly.

Down the road there is also the roadrunner ECM which allows you to tune the engine while your driving. The second you make a change the ECM gets reprogrammed all as your driving.

quad works well too. seen some ppe trucks run adn they turn in pretty decent times.

gotta quad on mine, rattles a little when its cold, but can turn 3 lanes black with ease. also makes the lb7 run really fast.. :D

love my PPE. great power!

EFI live will most likely be my next choice though. But that is a ways away. need a tranny first

Last is EFI Live ($750). This is for the guy who is a control freak and wants to be the best and always have that perfect tune. You make your own tunes, but the learning curve is very intense. Its not for everybody. At first youll need gauges. Then along the way youll find yourself completely upgrading the entire truck. Best thing is that it canb grow with your truck and is the last tuner youll ever buy. You also need a laptop. I would also reccomend a DSP5 switch so you can switch between 5 tunes on the fly.

[/quote]

While I agree the learning curve is intense, there are plenty of people on here that will lend a helping hand.;)

I never see a need for a DSP5, just a DSP2. Mileage/tow and kill. :rolleyes:

Here's a race between two stock turbo EFI trucks - one LB7, one LBZ.
YouTube - HogdogHD vs. Delvin

While I agree the learning curve is intense, there are plenty of people on here that will lend a helping hand.;)

I never see a need for a DSP5, just a DSP2. Mileage/tow and kill. :rolleyes:

Here's a race between two stock turbo EFI trucks - one LB7, one LBZ.
YouTube - HogdogHD vs. Delvin[/quote]

I'll be looking for that help come Wednesday...:D

Trippin sells the DSP5. Its nice. to have. But only for the LB7 and LLY trucks just like the DSP2.

Ill gladly try to help anybody out with EFI Live. But Im no pro myself.

I have run Edge, Banks, Predator and ATS E Power.

Edge, Banks and Predator are all great tuners and offer some great safety features. I wasn't greatly impressed by the Predator by itself but I did like it stacked with the other tuners. In my opinion the Edge and Banks Six Gun lack low end for the LB7 motor. The predator fills that gap and I also got an extra 2 mpg while stacked.

ATS is pretty much insane. It's quite the tire eater. If you are going to run over level 5 you better get a lift pump.

I got a chance to get a hold of my buddies Bully Dog tripple dog today. I must admit, i was thoroghly impresed with the performance of the Crazy Larry tune. It pulls really strong, shifts nicely, and smokes like crazy.:D Haven't tried it at the strip to see if it is actually better,:pop2: hav to wait and see on that one.:beer:

:eek:n a side note.....It doesn't work well with the EDGE connected. Even with the edge turned all the way down there is way to much timing rattle.:doh: Makes it a little difficult to use the attitude monitor for the guages.:mad:

Back