• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tundra and 160 tune.

Louisianarebel

Fits gonna hit the SHan soon
Reaction score
How does a tundra keep up with me with my tune on 160? We were going down the interstate and i couldnt pull away until he topped out each time. :mad2:

Gassers are generally quicker than diesels, compounded by the fact your truck weighs twice as much as a tundra.

Would love to race with a trailer. Haha they can't hold any wieght at all without touching the ground.

The tundra is not slow by any means.Once they downshift on the highway they can move pretty good.I think that they make a super charger for them also.

The tundra is not slow by any means.Once they downshift on the highway they can move pretty good.I think that they make a super charger for them also.

Keepin them in the r's is the key. I took one from a dig in my CC loaded with tools. Ran door to door up to about 60 then he started pullin away. By 90, he had about 2 trucks on me.

Then again, I weighed about 3500 lbs more than he did. I would hope he could pull on me..... :D

I saw a little smoke and assuming your sig line is correct, you are tuned a little bit. You ever try running him stock?? Be interesting to see those times.

I need to find one of these new Tundras that wants to play...

Exactly.

Let him step up to this plate with his Tundra.

I'll pitch him a tow strap so he can keep up.........

Ooops, nevermind.....then I'd pull something off of him.

):h

Never did. I still think the boosted launch would crush a Tundra, even running stock.

Im gonna have to try it one of these nights. Unload the truck and get back to the track. I really wanna know if those Tundras got the goods.... :D

I ran a 09 or 2010 Tundra last night. He was stock from what I could tell. Still had temps in the window. I was on the 160 tune and we were dead even from 70 till he topped out, then I could pull away. He might have gotten a fender on me actually. From 20-80mph I got him by about a 1.5 lengths is all. I have a helluva lot more weight but they run good.

Later that night, after a truck full of christmas, a kid in a 02' 7.3 stroke starts eyeballing me on main street @ 1:00 am. He slows and I roll up. 8" tip, no shit, about 10" out the side of the truck. I started laughing after I looked at the exhaust and in the truck to see 2 guys and 4 girls all smiles. Gave him the nod to go when he was ready. The Edge Juice started rolling smoke out the stroke. He stood on it and I left him like I should have. 4 times the kid tried it. It felt good to get a clear kill after the tundra.

Last edited:
Honestly, I would expected you to roast him. Hmm...

Thats what I expected to happen. Clean air filter, new fuel filter, running great. Tranny is holding fine too. Christmas, tools, lift,tires/wheels, huge bumper, adds for more than I thought. Tundra was a 4 door too.

last years grass drags Toyota had a booth set up with a Tundra and a Silverado 1500 set up on dyno-style rollers with a Christmas tree, inviting people to drag race. And of course the Tundra won everytime by a mile. I told the guy the Silverado seemed suspiciously slow, I assumed the Tundra was tuned and running on high octane, and the Silverado probably had regular in the tank and was running poorly. He mouthed off so I challenged him to a tug of war. He laughed and said the Toyota would drag my ancient Chevy down the road. So I said what road?, I want to do it out in this muddy field. I got six swampers, a locker and weight that says I'll drag your little high-output street-tired Toyota anywhere I want. I wouldn't run for pink slips though, what the hell would I want a Tundra for?

last years grass drags Toyota had a booth set up with a Tundra and a Silverado 1500 set up on dyno-style rollers with a Christmas tree, inviting people to drag race. And of course the Tundra won everytime by a mile. I told the guy the Silverado seemed suspiciously slow, I assumed the Tundra was tuned and running on high octane, and the Silverado probably had regular in the tank and was running poorly. He mouthed off so I challenged him to a tug of war. He laughed and said the Toyota would drag my ancient Chevy down the road. So I said what road?, I want to do it out in this muddy field. I got six swampers, a locker and weight that says I'll drag your little high-output street-tired Toyota anywhere I want. I wouldn't run for pink slips though, what the hell would I want a Tundra for?

I'd love to line up to one.

Back