• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truth Hurts

JayTheCPA

Reaction score
https://www.businessinsider.com/hyundai-sees-vegan-backlash-over-super-bowl-ad-2019-2

This reminds me of a diner where the wife and another friend's wife tried to introduce our families to 'healthier' alternatives: veggie burgers.

My wife knew that I would not have anything to do with fake-food (calling itself something that it is not), cooked me the *real* thing, but held it back to get everybody else to eat their <ahem> 'burger'. All of the kids balked after a couple bites and then outright rebelled once they saw that I got the real deal. By the end of diner, I was the only happy person at the table :D

My oldest sister (die hard liberal) served those vegetarian "burgers" once when we went to visit her about 15 years ago. Waited until after we ate to say what it was, then mentioned that she was surprised that I didn't make a bad comment about it. My reply "We're in New England, I'm not expecting yall to be able to grill anything right here".

Back