• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

truck will not start

slg

Reaction score
have not started truck in 5 weeks. went to start but battery was dead. ????? never had an issue before!! anyway, the battery charger has been hooked up at 6amps on the drivers side battery{i guess thats the right one} for 4 hours and engine is clicking, but still not charged yet. am i charging the right battery? or do i charge both? maybe i need a new battery since i have only drove 2000 miles this year only with my dmax?

I would put money it's your batterys. If you charge them and still no go, replace them and I'll bet it will fire right up..

My money is on the batteries. Definately one of them if not both. Take em and have em tested.

sounds like a power problem. are your terminals clean? i'd have them tested if charging doesnt bring things to life. and go from there.

Check your connections.

Technically GM wants you to put the + in the little red box that says battery on it, and the ground on the big post that says ground. These are on the driver side above the sterring shaft and are an inconvience if you ever have to remove your ecm.

you live somewhere with extreme weather conditions?? i just lost 2 batteries that were 18 mos old. get em tested.... gotta remove the batteries or at least remove the leads. wired like they are, testing them in the truck and hooked up will give back wrong information.

being an 06, it could be time to replace.....

Ya if you leave in extreme weather they will go bad if not cared for.

I just put new batteries in our RV last fall, yesterday I had to put new ones in it again.

The price hit ain't too bad about $700.

I keep telling my dad the thing costs him more money than its worth and he should sell it and put the money into my truck or a pulling tractor.

Back