• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

truck stays cold

ken i think you cursed me. i was driving home last sunday in the all day snow/wind storm and had the plow off because i was driving around alot. the dam truck was frigid. i would not go over 150 or so unless i was climbing a hill, then it would fall. but the odd thing was i had almost no heat, it should have been luke warm for sure. come to find out, the drivers side temp actuator was sticking on the cold side of the swing. i had to take it from 60 to 90 a few times to get it back to hot, and now it sits on the 90 temp only. i guess its in order for replacement now:(. along with t-stats.

Wow I've never had to replace t stats on any dmax but I suppose things do still fail and they are. Simple fix.

These trucks have massive cooling systems so in cold slimates they tend to cool off very quickly.

Btw you all are aware that the factory coolant temp gauge lies right?

yeah, going off the autometer in have in the t stat housing. the stats are more common than you think, atleast around here they are.

Back