• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

truck misses

6.5coalroller

Reaction score
My truck has had a missing problem since I bought it. Usually it's on acceleration or at cruising speed never at idle. I know my lift pump is running but I dont have a fuel gauge yet. I'm pretty sure it's a miss tho I wouldn't know what else my truck jus jerks then keeps rite on goin.

do you still have optical filter harness?

I was thinking the same thing. A bad OS filter harness, to the computer will mean a bad optic sensor, It cannot see that the sensor is fine, and the filter harness is bad, which is why you'll get optic sensor codes when the harness goes bad.

Last time I had the scanner hooked up I dont think there were any codes for the optic sensor but it couldnt hurt to check it again. I'll have to check out the fuel lines and see if they look alright. Now that you say it could be tranny related I am kinda wondering about that. When I first got the truck it was low on fluid but I filled it up and it seemed to shift fine. For about a month now my converter has been taking a long time to lock up even after the truck is warmed up. I replaced the CTS a few weeks ago and still the same thing. Now i've got a lock up switch wired up so I can lock it anytime. Some ppl I have talked to say that when they lock up their converter there truck really takes off but mine does not. My neighbor has a pretty much stock cummins and when his converter locks up you can really feel it take off so it makes me wonder if my converter or something is goin out in my tranny. Idk.

I was thinking the same thing. A bad OS filter harness, to the computer will mean a bad optic sensor, It cannot see that the sensor is fine, and the filter harness is bad, which is why you'll get optic sensor codes when the harness goes bad.

Who sells the optical filter harness for the best price?

Unless you listen to AM...:D
Heath sells the updated one IIRC. What scan tool are you using ? GMTDScan can do a cyl bal. Also you could take and post a snapshot.

Back