• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

truck is down "carnage pics added"

Yea... the flex plate is thin...too thin AFAIC for 1000 ft.lbs of torque...

but as I said before there are some trucks with much more HP and Tq that have never broken one...It's a crap shoot...If I had money to waste I would have a metallurgist examine the failure...

Maybe next time try those hard launches without the trailer on the back....:hihi:

Glad you got it back together OK. And as for that alternator, talk about the rain pouring...geesh. I bet it was easier than the flex plate though..:agreed:

raining is right...

Wife is down now :(

May be appendicitis...we're at the ER now...

Bad luck always comes in three's.

Hopefully it will be somebody's else s turn for a long while.

Hope your wife has a fast and speedy recovery.

As of 2pm... Dr said she did great, but is not sure if she will be able to go home tonight...he said he will try to make it happen...but no promises...

Glad your truck is back on the road and I really hope that your wife gets better, When I get thru the area I will have to call you.....

Sometimes staying an extra night can be a blessing in disguise should there be an infection. Ask anyone and they will say that an appendectomy is a minor surgery, but anytime they put you under and open you up it's serious. I am really glad she did well in the surgery. And, prayers that the overnight observation, should she have to stay, is just as successful.

Prayers outbound.

Did they do a lathoscopic? If yes she will be up and around in 2-3 days. Worst part is the bloated feeling.
Get well soon.

yep...went through the belly button and two other very small incisions... she only has a few stitches and three steri-strips...

Thanks everyone for the Prayers, well wishes and good thoughts...

Mike: When you said new truck...I remembered when I showed my wife the billet flex plates to show her why they would hold up better... she said "why don't you just go get a new truck...You are putting more into this one every year than if we were paying on a new one!"

Sucks about the carnage, glad it was just something simpler than it could have been.

Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery as well.

Mike: When you said new truck...I remembered when I showed my wife the billet flex plates to show her why they would hold up better... she said "why don't you just go get a new truck...You are putting more into this one every year than if we were paying on a new one!"
Gotta love the way she thinks!!!!

This lady is a keeper. :agreed::thumbsup::D

Glad to hear she is doing better Pepp and like has been said... I like how she thinks and she is for sure a keeper. :thumbsup:

sorry guys...I haven't updated this thread with info on the wife...just the one in Pit Stop Prayer...

Wife is hanging tight to see what happens...but she developed blood in her urine this a.m. and that(according to her paperwork) is a sign of possible underlying issues...so far the Doctors haven't returned her call only nurses that couldn't give her a straight answer on what to do... if this doesn't change by tomorrow or if she develops a fever in the mean time then it's back to the ER...other than that she seems to be feeling much better, so who knows???

so if everyone could keep her in their thoughts and prayers it would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Pepp

Prayers sent my friend. I know exactly how you feel. Been there.

In case you want to flapjaw. Call me anytime 310 918 9678....cell. I got time for you buddy.

Back