• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck is dead

addicted

To Him
Reaction score
Went to unlock the truck this morning and I had no power. I put a set of cables on it for about a half hour but had no luck. I haven't noticed any signs of a battery dragging. It's always charging by the gauge. I'm going to drag the batterys and see if there is a bad one. They are the original batterys. Could this be another issue that I'm not thinking of.

Thanks Travis

what does it do when you try to jumo it? any juice at all with the cables hooked? if it is just batteries then it should atleast show some signs of life once a jumper cables is hooked.

Yea, once you hook the cables to it, it has some juice. When you take them off there is nothing. I pulled them out and had napa test them and one said dead and the other said recharge then test. There on charge now.

Sounds like batteries should do it. My truck never really showed signs of slowing down too much and then one morning NOTHING. I replaced both and all was fine. Truck was only 2 years old and had about 30k miles.

I'll have to consider myself lucky. I've had my truck since 9/03 and mine are still cranking............Oh! and "knock on wood".......I wonder why some last and some don't:nonod:

That makes me fell better. That's exactly what mine did, it showed no signs at all.

Thanks for all your help guys.

I'll repost when I get it running.

Travis

I've got two new batts in my 06 because the POS ac delco batteries kept leaking. Once out of the + post, and then it was leaking out the vent.

Hell, went 4 years on my '03 Ranger, replaced the battery then a year later, the truck ended up sitting alot in favor of the commuter Jetta. Then I had a hell of a time keeping it charged up. Finally got a good charge on it and now it's staying up, even though I don't drive it very much.

Dealing with a bunch of vehicles, then a bunch of equipment, I get sick of having to jump something every time I need to use it.

a battery is one of the two things that you need to replace right off the bat when you buy a vehicle...the other being shocks....the factory puts the cheapest battery and the cheapest shocks they can find....

I've always had good luck with AC Delco Batteries, just replaced mine a few months ago after 200k+ miles, went with Optimas

As far as I can tell, mine are originals as well. Four years and over 200K km on them and still craking (again, knocking on wood). I know they are coming do, its not a matter of when its where they will die.

Back