• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

truck is acting funny

bigBOOST

Reaction score
Hows it goin everyone?!

My truck has been acting wierd for the past few days and im not sure whats causing it. When i am either at a dead stop or slow down to less than 10mph and then accelerate again the truck hesitates, puffs a big black cloud, and then accelerates. My only thought would be fuel filter but i have less than 6k miles on it... also thought that it might be some bad fuel but i just filled up today and its still doing it

any other ideas?

Hows it goin everyone?!

My truck has been acting wierd for the past few days and im not sure whats causing it. When i am either at a dead stop or slow down to less than 10mph and then accelerate again the truck hesitates, puffs a big black cloud, and then accelerates. My only thought would be fuel filter but i have less than 6k miles on it... also thought that it might be some bad fuel but i just filled up today and its still doing it

any other ideas?

You could have got a bad tank of fuel. That will mess up the fuel filter fast. That would be my bet. But, also, check your air-filter.

air filter looks fine.

I really think it's the fuel filter. Im gonna try and swing by the strealer tomorrow and get one. How much do these suckers cost again?

air filter looks fine.

I really think it's the fuel filter. Im gonna try and swing by the strealer tomorrow and get one. How much do these suckers cost again?

ALOT at the dealer. Purchasing online before hand is your best bet, but in this case you better go ahead and get one.

IIRC, its about $50 at the dealer.

im just gonna pony up and get one from the dealer tomorrow. It seems like it's gettin a little worse and i want to get it swapped asap!

I just changed one a couple weeks back that I didn't think was bad but it was and it also didn't have that many miles on it.

got my filter this morning. $46.00!

Im gonna change it tonight and see if it fixes the problem. The service writer at the dealership seems to think its my injectors! uh oh

Gm service techs are idiots, for the most part. They dont fix stuff they just replace stuff.

See how the filter works. Then after that let them do what they want. After all it is warrenty work.

Did you try the obvious going back to stock tune? I doubt if it's injectors on a LBZ. They're pretty bulletproof.

Gm service techs are idiots, for the most part. They dont fix stuff they just replace stuff.

See how the filter works. Then after that let them do what they want. After all it is warrenty work.

Hey now.......:nono::boxing: I take offense to that.:mad::pound: I happen to be one of "those idiots". Only the difference is that i KNOW what the hell i'm doin.:D However, there are alot of dealer techs that don't have a clue. (I work with two of them)

A bit of advice for those dealing with service writers, most of them are morons, they just think they know what they're talking about.:pop2: For instance: My service writer pretty much only knows what I tell him. He gets himself into trouble all the time when he starts to try and diagnose based off of what he thinks he knows. lol

I'm gonna say that the injectors are not the problem. Wrong engine for that problem. The fuel filter is a possibility, as long as there aren't any DTC's or a CEL, then it could be something else.

no thrown codes! planned on swappin the fuel filter out tonight but i have 3 tests this week and couldnt find time today.

guess ill try and do it tomorrow!

Hey tracker my duramax tech and service writer are both really sharp guys. However I will often come in just to give them a hard time and start bugging the about the stuff I broke over the weekend.

Lets just say Im a first for everything around there.

But it really is one of the best dealers for the duramax I think around here.Their Dmax tech can swap all eight injectors in a days work or less.

Yesterday I called up the service counter and stated telling my write about how I blew a hole in a piston and cracked one too. I asked if thier was a special service policy for this as the stock LB7 pistons suck. He was pretty puzzled then said your far from stock power and no theres no policy. I asked for a quote on the repair, he said he had no clue. Then I revealed to him that I was joking and just needed an alignment.

Hey tracker my duramax tech and service writer are both really sharp guys. However I will often come in just to give them a hard time and start bugging the about the stuff I broke over the weekend.

Lets just say Im a first for everything around there.

But it really is one of the best dealers for the duramax I think around here.Their Dmax tech can swap all eight injectors in a days work or less.

Yesterday I called up the service counter and stated telling my write about how I blew a hole in a piston and cracked one too. I asked if thier was a special service policy for this as the stock LB7 pistons suck. He was pretty puzzled then said your far from stock power and no theres no policy. I asked for a quote on the repair, he said he had no clue. Then I revealed to him that I was joking and just needed an alignment.

I'm just giving you a hard time.:beer:

ya i do wonder what they say.

My truck is known as the pulling truck up there.

my dealer and techs love watching me leave seeing the huges amounts of smoke pour out of the exhaust on a "stock" truck lol

Back