• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TriboDyn Performance Lubricants

Do agree that the report shows where TriboDyne has good results.

From the 'not knocking, just saying' perspective, it also does not seem that it is 100% apples-to-apples. Specifically, I'd expect to see direct comparison of same weights where the sample population was a bit all-over the place.

Given that NASCAR and HHRA are using TriboDyne is the stronger indicator of success as I cannot see where these organizations will use something (especially more expensive) without a clear cost benefit. Then again (and admit that I do not have direct knowledge), do not see where these organizations will use the lube for long.

Another factor (where time will tell) is the ability to suspend soot.

When it comes time to buy another batch of oil, will circle back on this and see how it is 'burning-in' :)

Last edited:
Yea Jay, I don't know how the test was done other than what is printed, I am sure the test wasn't done just to skew things one way or another, but then again I wasn't involved with the test at all and didn't know about it till it was published either..

I do have many pdf's from others that provide their result's with the use of the oil's, for what it's worth I was skeptical and it took me using it and finding out for myself that is why now I offer it...

Here is just one real world use that's interesting...

Attachments

• TriboDyn Testimonial High Performance Duramax Diesel Truck Blows Hole in Oil Pump.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
I don't really like the video of the lathe shear test. It looks like the change the speed of the lathe. Seems a little crud no measurement of the side force and don't know how much flex there is. The propane torch demo on the lathe is pretty impressive though.

I do like the Finland paper. Graphs and numbers are always impressive.

It looks like a good product.

Chris does your truck have gapless rings or is the Tribodyn helping ring seal that much that it reduces blowby to keep the oil cleaner longer.

Do agree that the report shows where TriboDyne has good results.
Given that NASCAR and HHRA are using TriboDyne is the stronger indicator of success as I cannot see where these organizations will use something (especially more expensive) without a clear cost benefit. Then again (and admit that I do not have direct knowledge), do not see where these organizations will use the lube for long.' :)

SPONSOR MONEY dictates everything as it does in politics.

SPONSOR MONEY dictates everything as it does in politics.

yeah, I don't get too excited about a product where someone claims how great it is, yet, after each event, the motor gets torn down and rebuilt anyhow. If I see an engine that has ran the paces for 1/4-1/2 million miles and hasn't been touched, then I'm listening.

Chris does your truck have gapless rings or is the Tribodyn helping ring seal that much that it reduces blowby to keep the oil cleaner longer.

This motor is all stock other than a head change 5-6yrs ago.... It has never had any blowby so I can't really say for sure.. and it never used any oil so who knows for sure...

I can't say for sure about any sponsor dealings because I have no idea..

What I do know is when I was asked to participate in the use of the oils I didn't get it for free, I got a discount only, and it wasn't a steep discount either mind you.. but I felt that the ceramic coatings I am familiar with do more than I expected and knowing this "new" oil has some of the very stuff the coatings have it was worth a try..

With that I'm impressed enough to continue to use it and now offer it to others, I have sold this to my local track friends and I wouldn't sell them bad coatings and I won't sell bad oil to them either, not worth a bad reputation around here...

I always tell them if you like and believe in the lube you are using then by all means keep using it, same with the coatings.. some have tried them and now can't get enough of them, some still think it's fubar..

I get very good UOAs back. I only change oil once a year. I drive between 10 and 14K per year. Blackstone lab always says I can go longer between intervals, but I change it once a year, regardless.
Oil is still dark, but no soot or gritty stuff in oil. Oil is like dark honey or Dark syrup.

How long did it take to start seeing clean oil at change intervals, or are you doing a "flush" of sorts with several oil changes back to back?

Some dirty oil from the cooler turns the new oil black, but, it's more so from the soot left over everywhere in the "dirty" engine that blacks the engine oil immediately. Clearly the bypass oil filter system he is using is knocking this soot out. Gapless rings keep it out in the first place.

IMO don't use an expensive oil on a dirty running engine like ours unless you have a bypass filter etc. Otherwise the oil additives will get overloaded by soot contamination before it's time. Plenty of other engines to use it on or it' time for a bypass filter in your system.

Back