• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tribodyn 2 cycle oil question

Jaryd

Extremely Deplorable
Reaction score
Hey Chris I was looking at your website again and noticed the 2 cycle oil.

A lot of us use TCW-3 2 cycle oil in our fuel, I’m wondering if you think it would be worth the extra money to use the trybodyn oil in our fuel. I know there would be benefits to using it in a 2 cycle engine but would it be worth the extra money to buy the trybodyn to mix with Diesel or do you think it wouldn’t be worth the extra money because it would be diluted to much to be worth the extra cost. I think I read somewhere where you said that trybodyn would coat the places that you can’t coat like oil journals and such after a while of using it. I’m wondering if the coating capability would be gone if we mixed the 2 stroke trybodyn oil with diesel.

After seeing it on your website it got me thinking about it coating the inside of the IP, injector lines and injectors.

Last edited:
I think it would but the oil is costly. I will ask the owner and see what he says.

I should have your core done this weekend, I will let you know for sure .

I’m not looking to buy any anytime soon because we are trying to pay off some bills as quick as we can.

Since it is only a little more than twice the price of a gallon of 2 stroke oil I thought it might be worth checking into and some 6.x owners might start using it if it would still coat the insides a little with every tank of fuel.

I probably wouldn’t be able to come get the core from you until Wednesday evening or Thursday evening so if it don’t happen this weekend no biggy.

What are the specs of this 2 stroke oil? Is it for air cooled or water cooled 2 stroke engines?

TriboDyn® Patented Premium Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil has been approved for all street, marine & off-road vehicles including high performance & all forms of racing. It is specifically designed for maximum performance in all 2-Stroke oil applications, including direct fuel injected (DFI), electronic fuel injected (EFI) & premix lubricated engines for all makes of snowmobiles, motorcycles, lawn mowers, chainsaws, golf carts, ATV’s, scooters, mopeds and small HP engines calling for an API TC category two-cycle and/or a category FIM 4 motor oil. Is clean-burning for low smoke and prevents plug fouling, is a power valve friendly lubricant, recommended where an ashless high-performance oil is required & helps prevent piston ring & exhaust power valve sticking, piston skirt scoring, & carbon deposits. Improves throttle response, has superior cold temperature fluidity, -53°F pour point, for complete & easy mixing in gasoline for faster & easier starts. This patented technology also creates a superior lubricating film strength that provides the ultimate in protection & high-temperature performance.

TriboDyn® Patented Premium Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil is formulated into a clean-burning complex mixture of extreme pressure lubricants combined with a “High Performance Coating Technology” that is engineered to maximize fuel efficiency, minimize friction & wear, increase part & engine life, reduce operating temperature and perform under extreme pressure & heat. This unique formula also provides continuous protection by dispersing & clinging to critical areas without creating any drag, providing both start-up and continuous benefits while protecting against corrosion. The proprietary technology is an “Intelligent” material that is attracted to areas of heat and friction, as pressures increase with RPM or load, the special liquid lubricants combined with active “Coating” technology in the oil can form a self-lubricating “Ceramic” film in high load and heat areas, providing critical protection that actively seeks out areas needing increased lubrication, and at times not simply reduce or eliminate wear, but can also repair damaged surfaces.

Applications: TriboDyn® Patented Premium Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil meets or exceeds the following service classifications: API TC and JASCO FB, TC-W3®, ISO-EGD, 2-Cycle Engine Oil is licensed by National Marin Manufacturers Association (NMMA). For use in direct fuel injected (DFI), electronic fuel injected (EFI) & premix applications that require API TC oils.

Oil Injection: Pour directly into the tank. In premix applications: 40:1 to 50:1. Refer to engine manufacturer’s recommendation.

Directions for use: Follow all engine manufacture’s service & performance recommended specifications. Warranty compliant for all major
manufacturers including Ski-Doo®, Polaris®, Mercury®, Suzuki®, Yamaha® and Arctic Cat®. Is compatible with most conventional and synthetic two-stroke oils. NOT SUITABLE FOR USE WITH ALCOHOL OR NITRO-METHANE FUELS.

@RI Chevy Silveradoman , whats your take on this info by Stihl?

Always use quality two-stroke engine oil complying with the TC classification. It is best to use STIHL two-stroke engine oil which is specially formulated for STIHL engines and helps to prolong engine life.

If I am reading the info correctly on the Stihl website then the TriboDyn Patented Premium Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil would be ok?

You can use most any 2 stroke oil. But some are much better than others. I try to use an FD rated low smoke oil. It stays cleaner inside the jug and does not carbon up as fast.

I use Yamalube 2R, Honda HP2, Original Red Armor (Newer RA is not the same oil), KlotzTechniplate as well as a few others.

Considering, the nano particles in the oil is normally applied via high pressure air application and wonder if TSP is offering this for rotating parts yet?

The nano particles in the 2 cycle would IMO bond to the injection pump as well as the injectors because of the high pressure of the system offering a level of protection to the fuel system not seen before.

Considering, the nano particles in the oil is normally applied via high pressure air application and wonder if TSP is offering this for rotating parts yet?

The nano particles in the 2 cycle would IMO bond to the injection pump as well as the injectors because of the high pressure of the system offering a level of protection to the fuel system not seen before.

That’s kinda what I was thinking might happen and why I asked if he thought it might work. I just don’t know if it would be diluted to much or not. When I put 2 cycle oil in mine at every fill up I normally go about 3/4oz 2 stoke oil to 1 gallon of diesel. If Trybodyn thinks it would work even if we had to bump up the ratio a little then it would definitely be worth doing. I know most drive their 6.x as a daily driver but no more than I drive mine I bet 2 gallons would last close to a year for me. With it only costing a little more than twice a good jug of 2 stroke oil makes it worth it in my opinion. I don’t think that us DS guys would have a problem even if we mixed it more than 1-1

Back