• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tree Gump DID need help

doober

Reaction score
Treegump's slave cylinder is leaking and he is in Minnesota on Hwy. 94 going west. He is traveling on hwy. 94 west to Billings Montana. He has the NV4500 transmission. He is able to drive his 96 pickup for now but is needing to fill up his master cylinder with fluid every once in a while. If anyone that is located around 94 in or around the area that he is traveling, that could lend a hand, it would be greatly apprciated. If anyone can help him change his internal slave cylinder that would be greatly appreciated. <edit by JiF at Tree Gump's request> If this needs to be moved to a different topic please do move it. I have been contacted by Tree Gump and am just trying to help him out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nodak may be his best shot by now. I believe he's near Fargo. If anyone know how to contact Nodak give him a holler.

I'm just south of Sioux Falls. If he's headed a little further south, have him give me a hollar! In any case though, best of luck, and I hope fortune smiles on him!!

Hey Indybeck, I just left Treegump a message that if he is heading to your area around Sioux Falls that you might be able to give him a hand. I am not sure he has phone service because I got his recording right away. But I did leave him the message that you are willing to help. Thanks alot. Nice to know people here are like brothers and willing to lend a helping hand.

I made it :) Thanks all+

MODS - can you delete this topic or delete the first post since it's got my phone number in it

Glad to hear you made it up there OK Forest! How's it going? Inquiring minds want to hear from you if you get time!

This is the first real chance that I've had to get internet access, besides from my cell phone, to get back on here since I came out here. That earlier post was made by my buddy chuck. (for some reason he's dragging his feet from joining tts) I did make it alright and learned out to install bin floors, drive a semi truck, and operate a combine. About 2 weeks ago or so, half of the crew moved to onida/blunt south dakota to cut sunflowers and corn. I've been operating a Case 245 with first a sunflower 850 bushel cart, and about a week ago, had that replaced with a 1000 bushel brent cart. I'll post something on the misc forum since none of this has to do with 6.5's.

Btw, my internal slave cylinder, i think, has completely went dead on me and my truck is sitting at Cut Bank, Montana. I'm hoping to repair it before december so I can drive home, cause I don't really want to fly home and then fly back to fix it and drive home. I just can't believe that I've had nothing but problems from both the cylinders since I replaced them about a month before driving out to montana...

sounds good. Thanks!

also - side note involving the 6.5: I flushed my coolant out and i replaced it with the green coolant. Also adjusted the spring. Ran awesome and showed no signs of overheating until i got into north dakota hills and especially the hills in montana. At one point I stopped and tried to take a gander and didn't see anything, but the next time I checked, there were butterflies, and dragonflies, and other bugs tapered all across my radiator. I've seen bug screens on semi-trucks out here. Anyone know where I can get a similar set-up for my 6.5? So, the trash can't get to my radiator and plug it all up. :(

I've been known to put plain black window screen on the core support right in front of the radiator/condenser by pulling the hood latch mounting and drilling holes on either side for a few sheet metal screws. Hardly noticable and compressed air or power wash knocks them right off.

BTW kid, good to hear you're doing OK

What brand of slave cylinders did you use?

Might be a part that's best replaced with OEM quality.

I used some brand from rock auto, which turned out to be the same brand that advance auto parts uses. :( Cut Bank has a carquest and napa, so I'm going to see what they have as far as performance versus run of the mill parts. I just hope that we get back in time to where I can get these parts and then make it home by December 8th (little sister's wedding is the 10th). If not, I'll be leaving my truck in Cut Bank and coming back for it...though I suppose I don't know where I'm working after season is over, so I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much.

Not saying this is your case, but when I thought I was having slave cylinder problems shortly after replacing a leaking one, I found that it was a broken friction disc.

My clutch would not disengage while in Grand Junction, CO. Not wanting to do the repair on the road, I chose to drive the 1200 miles home without a clutch. I made it without any problems. The hardest part was starting off from a dead stop. :eek:

Back