• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transgo Jr

saratoga

Unpaid Help
Reaction score
I've ordered my jr kit and plan to install it the next time I do PM to the rig. Probably going to be a few months yet since I just changed the oil and flushed the trans a couple of weeks ago.

For those of you that have tackled this, is there anything to watch out for or make sure to get put back into place? I've got the aptitude to do it, but was just wondering if I need to watch out for like the plugging the solenoids back in properly or making sure the gear selector engages a pin on the valve body, etc...

TIA

I've ordered my jr kit and plan to install it the next time I do PM to the rig. Probably going to be a few months yet since I just changed the oil and flushed the trans a couple of weeks ago.

For those of you that have tackled this, is there anything to watch out for or make sure to get put back into place? I've got the aptitude to do it, but was just wondering if I need to watch out for like the plugging the solenoids back in properly or making sure the gear selector engages a pin on the valve body, etc...

TIA

take your time, read the instruction prior to dropping the pan and you will be golden! I helped a friend of mine do part of his transo kit in his 5spd allison(didnt drop tranny)

What does the Transgo Jr. kit exactly do? I have heard plenty about it, but never really found what it does. I have the 6 speed so I know I need just the Transgo Jr. kit. Any info would be great as I would like to get this and the price is pretty good, ~$70 is what I heard. I apoligize if this is hi-jacking. I saw the topic in the title and thought I'd ask.

Its not hard at all, just messy. But the ONLY prob i had was the pin in the Park selector, Thank god Eric was a phone call away.

Just make sure to not drop the balls when installing the new trim valves. If you do not have transgel use Vaseline to keep things in place. Also make sure to find someone that can reset the TAP cells and do a quick learn procedure as it make things go much faster on the relearn one your done with the install. If your not sure about anything ask before you start and I'm sure it can be answered for you.

Pretty straight forward on the install, however, it does get a little messy for the first timers. A couple of things you want to keep in mind:
1. The valve body is a little heavy and can get squirrely if you're on your back. (No lift)
2. Keep your workbench and anything else in the vicinity super clean.
3. Working on top of a trash bag helps keep the fluid in one place when you crack open the VB.
4. Be careful when working with the electrical connectors to the valve body. They seem delicate.
5. Definitely have an inch/ft torque wrench handy. It will prevent you from over torquing the VB bolts. And there are many.

Other than that, it's a piece of cake.

Back