• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transgo JR install

cpschevy

Reaction score
Anybody have some good instructions on the install of this transgo jr for my 06 gmc,these directions that came with it suck!!!

Anybody have some good instructions on the install of this transgo jr for my 06 gmc,these directions that came with it suck!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Are you stuck somewhere?? We have some Allison guys that will hopefully chime in and help you. :)

I just was changing my trans fluid today and putting the deep pan on.thought it would be a good time to install the transgo but didnt want to chance it with those directions,cant have the truck down very long its my work truck.

Not sure how much different the 06 is, but there are 15 bolts that hold the valvebody on the 5spd. The other 15 hold the valvebody halves together.

However you need to get ahold of somebody who knows which bolts to remove as it iskinda goofy. I could tell ya where they are on the 5spd but the 6spd has a different valvebody so Im not sure if it s different.

Once you get the valvebody out its pretty easy, the two trim valves are help on by bracket. Remove those bolts and the valves pop out. Use some vaseline to old the balls in, slip the spring over the valve and drop them in. Then reinstall teh solenoids and the braket. Bolts everything back together and torque to 9ft lbs.

Then reinstall the pan, add some fluid ands away you go.

there is a theread on another forum since we dont have one here yet

One helpful thing that I did was I took two big trash bags and spread them out on the workbench, that way when you take the valve body apart you won't get transmission fluid all over your bench. I say this because when I cracked mine open transmission fluid went everywhere.:doh:

Is there much difference between the bully dog kit and the transgo jr kit. my puppy finally coughed up the other piece i was missing from the bully one that i got for dirt. just wondering if i should set it aside and go with the trans go:noidea:

Is there much difference between the bully dog kit and the transgo jr kit. my puppy finally coughed up the other piece i was missing from the bully one that i got for dirt. just wondering if i should set it aside and go with the trans go:noidea:

From what I've read over the years: YES.

I cannot vouch for the differences though.

Well I found out the difference over some searching, and everyone hates the bully dog it's amazing what you learn after the fact:doh:. Since I already have it the worse thing that can happen is I don't like it and buy the transgo jr kit. Just going to find out if the bit is the same. It's easier to make holes bigger than smaller:D. If i would have found the forum sooner I would have had a whole lot less trial and error. Since ther are an enough people that have aready been there don that:eyebrows:

I would just wait and install the transgo. The allison will learn the bully dog kit inside of a couple days and you will be right back to square one. I'm not sure the differences between the two as I haven't ever seen a bully dog kit.
The transgo is well worth the money. If you would like some pricing shoot me a pm.
:beer:

Sell the bully dog to somebody who doesnt know any better. Its mean but people do it all the time. Smart people would never buy that kit, some dumb person who doesnt know any better will.

Im doing the same thing shortly with our Edge. Smart people wouldnt buy one for an LB7, but somebody out there will.

The transgo and the bully dog change the same parts but the trans go is better for the fact it uses a checkball inside of it compared to a notch in the end of it that causes the blead by, to up preassure. The transgo from what i have read now is smother and less violant. I will just have to order a transgo without the wife finding out. But I'm in no hurry anyways to do it the main thing is my dog didn't swallow the piece that I thought he did.

Back