• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

transfer case

craigjschr

Reaction score
i have 95k on my 03 silverado 2500hd with push button 4x4. so i was thinking of doing the MA upgrade. also it shifts hard into 4x4 when i engage it while moveing so i was wondering if thier is any common thing that goes wrong in thier that i should fix since i have it out of the truck also should i buy a new seal kit.

thanks

craig

I would change the rear seal and the gasket. Put the MA kit in also at about 85K, there was no wear on the inside at all. I'm sure if I didn't do the kit it would wear right out with my luck!

im going to do the ma upgrade i was wondering what elels i should buy. i was thinking about the blocker rings he has and the seal and bareing kit.

thanks

I was just wondering how many of you guys have experienced the pump rubbing the hole in the transfer case and at what mileage. I really love my Chevy truck but this pump rub deal does make me nervous about when will it happen? My truck has a little over 23,000 miles on it now. I am wondering should I go ahead and get the MA upgrade now or wait a while? I don't feel like I want to try and tackle that project, so I am thinking I would need to get someone like Eric to put it in, but thats a heck of a drive unless I am going up that way on vacation. RayMich you are in Eric territory, I don't suppose he did yours did he? Whats your guys thoughts on this, I am just trying to get some input.

I took mine to a local transmission shop where I have know the guy for 20 years and trust him without question. Including the M/A kit, new seal and flluid it ran me $700 total including labor. A little expensive but I just didn't have the time to do it myself.

Mike L has a pump rub fix for 50.00. That would save alot of coin. The rough shifting into 4x4 could be that you just left off and all of the gears have not come to even speed yet. try keeping it at a consistant speed and putting it in.

Back