• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trans. Shifter Linkage

DieselSlug

Reaction score
I have the truck in my sig. Currently the trans is out and getting rebuilt. SInce this truck is a 94' the trans shifter linkage is an actual linkage and not cable like changed in 95' and later. Has anyone replaced all the "soft parts" in the linkage setup? Im mainly looking for a parts diagram and part numbers so i can order them. There is a lot of slop in the shifter due to worn bushings n' such, so since the trans will be new id like it to shift better. Truck has 242K of plow life since new, so that is a lot of forwards to reverses.
Thanks!

Did you try LMC? (online picure diagrams)

My '93 has most of it's wear at the Pin where the shift lever/handle attaches to the column.

Did you try LMC? (online picure diagrams)

My '93 has most of it's wear at the Pin where the shift lever/handle attaches to the column.

I have looked at LMC, but seems as if they stop at the column itself. Im also sure i have play at the shifter to column as well. When i took out the "grommets" that connect the linkage to frame and such they were ovaled out, and had holes worn in them.

IIRC there was a GM dealer in the southeast that had their gm parts catalog open to the internet, but i cant remember the site..

Back