• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trans is in!

Horsehaulin

Recovery Expert
Reaction score
My new trans is in, and it is great! I had roasted a few steels and many clutches, plus blew out some seals. :wtf: But the trans shifts like a dream now and I have a 300HP tune in it with no worries of hurting the trans.

Lock it and rock it!
Now you have to start saving for tires...did we forget to tell you about that???:D

A local guy found a way to get the same packs from Alto that Suncoast uses. The build is inbetween a Suncoast III and IV with a triple disc billet tq converter, Transgo shift kit and line pressure boost kit. Thus far the trans is shifting nicely and the tq converter is locking up hard, sits me back in the seat when I load up a good tune!

The packs are Red Eagles in the C2-C5 and has the carbon metallic in the C1. Atleast two clutches added to each pack if not three. It will be able to hold more than I could ever throw at it without the possibility of breaking the rods. I only want to go to 600RWHP at most so this trans will be just fine for me I am sure.

Tony

BTW, the build was only $3200 installed and out the door!

Last edited:
A local guy found a way to get the same packs from Alto that Suncoast uses. The build is inbetween a Suncoast III and IV with a triple disc billet tq converter, Transgo shift kit and line pressure boost kit. Thus far the trans is shifting nicely and the tq converter is locking up hard, sits me back in the seat when I load up a good tune!

The packs are Red Eagles in the C2-C5 and has the carbon metallic in the C1. Atleast two clutches added to each pack if not three. It will be able to hold more than I could ever throw at it without the possibility of breaking the rods. I only want to go to 600RWHP at most so this trans will be just fine for me I am sure.

Tony

BTW, the build was only $3200 installed and out the door!
Did they have to do any machine work to get the extra discs in? What was the cost of parts, without labor?

Just a little update, the trans is holding well at 536/1022 everyday! My "Kill Tune" is basically my daily driver since I have some jokers around here that thinks lil cars are fast. So far a year, 10K miles and not a single problem.

Shops name is Maximum Overdrive out of Redkey, IN. He mainly does Suncoast builds, but can put together a kit of his own for cheaper.

All of my clutch packs were roached, the P.O. must have been on this truck constantly, but it does have weight brackets and holes in the frame from traction bars.

Machining was taken care of, but all the parts are Alto/Kolene and TransGo.

Good to see some of you again!

Man, it is a great feeling not to have to worry about the tranny. Mine is a bastard stepchild also with the local shop adding their own tweaks. I got a 1 year, unlimited mileage, no fault guarantee. I was told the rods would bend before the tranny gives. Driving around daily with over 400rwhp in a big ass truck is just too damn much fun for those "just in case" moments.
Your local tire shop is going to consider you their new best friend. Have fun.

As for the shop doing the work, it is a little shop called Maximum Overdrive in Redkey, IN. The town has a flashing stop light, thats it. Jim is the owner and a owner of a 6.5TD suburban, he wants to do a NBS Burb Dmax conversion but is always elbow deep in transmissions to be doing it. He is sharp, but dont get him started about diesels, he will never shut up!

Back