• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tranny lines

truckie481

Dagum
Reaction score
I have a leak up by the cooler, I haven't confirmed it yet but it looks like it's the cracked lines that everyone else has suffered. My question is this, is there an after mafket line I can use? I also need to know if I have to drain the system or can I just remove the lines?

contact mike l. he has the lines made up with better ends and better alum. inglewood trans is where he can be found.

Trans line leak

Looks like it finally got me. Today I see I've got a leak in the line going to the lower radiator (not aux cooler). I assume it's the pressure side since it goes in the bottom. I have 82k on the truck and a 100k extended warrantee. My question about this is, wasn't there a TSB on the cooling lines and if so did GM do anything to improve the crimp on the new ones? If there was a TSB, I probably won't have to pay the deductable. I could sure use the $100 in a better place.

I have the same problem. I talked to Mike L. and you need to measure the lines from end of crimp to end of crimp. In other words the entire hose including the ends. I measured wrong and have not been back under the truck since.

I have priced new hoses from GM and it was about $100-$120 for new hoses. (there are 3). The parts man said they did change the part numbers but he was not sure about the actual hose.

If you wait until summer the problem should go away as the cold weather contracts the hose from the crimp and after it warms up it should stop leaking.

Mine leaked as well. Leaked as in past tense. It only did it during high idle. I never got them fixed and they dont leak anymore so its obviously got to do with the cold.

might be with some, but we do them year round here. they just were crimped wrong, and even the new ones leak. there was no tsb on them, so if your out of the 3/36 warranty you are beat. give mike l a call for the right fix.

Just noticed mine are leaking too.....53k miles on the clock
GetAttachment-1aspx.jpg

I noticed they were leaking when I had the truck on the lift to put my exhaust on...took it to the dealer with a picture of the leaking hoses and a picture of my leaking output shaft on the tranny...dealer wants 227 bucks to fix the hoses...and wants 45 dollars for looking at the hoses...even though the output shaft is under warranty...I think I will probly replace the hoses myself

Mine have been leaking for awhile now. Tranny is still full so I will wait for them to get worse before gm fixes them.

Back