• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

tranny lines very important pl.read

tammlyn

Reaction score
hy guys,one of my best friends works in a tranny shop, since the new ally he has only repaired two,one a front seal the other the cases were broken but in the last two weeks he has done two more,what happened was the lines are routed to the front cooler along the side of the engine block on passenger side they are supported by a plastic block on the engine block ,both times the plastic block broke, the lines sagged and when you turn a corner the steering ripped the lines off the truck,not very pretty besides a mess you have to call mr tow truck,please make sure the blocks are in good shape also there is a hole in the engine block just above you can just put a couple of tie wraps as security,he does not remember what years were affected but my 2006 with the 6 speed is different so im thinking 2005 down or the 5 speed ally good luck mike

Good information, thanks for sharing. I know mine has the block you are referring to. I will be crawling under the truck tomorrow to take a peek just to be sure all is OK.

Thanks for the heads up Mike!:thumbsup: I know I thought that block was kinda lame when I did the cooler line replacement. I'll check it out at the next oil change in a couple of weeks.

I have only seen this with a lift kit or aftermarket front end parts.

none of these truck were lifted or had aftermarkets parts installed,one was pubic works and the other one was an older gentelmen towing his trailer,when they put the new lines on they tried it before installing the block and the lines were defenitely grab by the steering mike

Back