• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tranny Cooler thread sizes

North Maine

Merchant Mariner
Reaction score
What are the tranny cooler thread sizes on a 1995 radiator? I put one from a 1995 into my 1998 and the threads are different for the tranny cooler lines into the radiator. Anyone know what the size is for the 1995?

Before going to a dealer, have you called a tranny shop to see if they mite know, or maybe call LMC truck to see if their part catalog lists replacement oil cooler line/fitting size, You could also go to a junk yard, cut off the oil lines for a 95 and get compression fittings to connect the 2 lines.

my 94 is 3/8 thread with 5/16 line size. not shure when switch hit but later models use a 1/2 thread and 3/8 line. has higher flow and less pressure with larger line. most aftermarket coolers are 3/8 or 1/2--the 1/2 for larger tow capacity, coolers. I use a 28k lb cooler with 1/2 to 3/8 reducing bushings, with the stock also in line--still running 225 degrees @ 106degrees air temp, new tranny and synthetic fluid, 7k lb load.

Back