• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trailersaver Air Fifth Wheel

haulin rv

Recruit
Reaction score
With our roads getting worse and worse I am considering doing some ride conversions. One being an air 5th wheel hitch. Since I run a mega the options are somewhat limited. The one at the top of my list is Trailersaver, I like that they are a well established company and the product looks top of the line. So anyone use one? I am not sure if I am going with the remote or manual slider.

My other air upgrades are going to be seat, kelderman 2 bag rear suspension, and maybe an air receiver hitch.

Air hitch comments only please. I know a air pin box works well and is cheaper. But I never haul the same trailer twice so it won't work for me.

saverslide.jpg

Hey haulin, nice to se ya here. How are you liking that new dodge now that you have some ass time in it? I haven't seen anyone personally with one yet so I cannot help you there. I rode around the CG last saturday looking for one to ask about because my buddy is interested in one also as our roads here are really shitty and did not find one. When I got home with my 37' bumper pull I had to put everything back in the cabinets. Our roads suck! I am going camping this weekend and the CG is booked solid. I will see if I can get some feedback for ya.

Thanks, sounds like you need one of these. Expensive though. I know the shocker is cheaper but no WD and w/ a 37ft TT I think you prob need it. Its about $1000, made by air safe.

AirSafe_Class_602.jpg

Last edited:
not being a smart ass but what about a manually controlled air-ride system,, probably the same$$ as that hitch but you can sweeten the ride dead-head also??

Thanks, sounds like you need one of these. Expensive though. I know the shocker is cheaper but no WD and w/ a 37ft TT I think you prob need it. Its about $1000, made by air safe.

AirSafe_Class_602.jpg

Hmmm...never seen that one yet...it looks like it has some possibilities.
My Equalizer is getting long in the tooth, and I just can't bust the bank for the Hensley-Arrow.

not being a smart ass but what about a manually controlled air-ride system,, probably the same$$ as that hitch but you can sweeten the ride dead-head also??

Air bags on the axles won't affect the connection between the 5er and the Truck. I have bags and they do help some but on a really bad road, they don't help enough. I just installed a 5th airborne on my 5er. Have not towed with it yet though.

Back