• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trailer Wiring Pro.

jim87vette

Gimpy
Reaction score
Hey guys got my new 08 GMC Dually (will post pics soon).I was under the impression that Trailering Wire Provisions on my truck meant that it was ready for a 5er plug in (in the bed of truck)?Just like the plug-in at the rear bumper,can someone help me on this?The dealer said there is a pig-tail tucked under the spare tire,well I looked under there and there wasn't squat!Did they short change me?HELP!

i think its closer to the cab between the bed and cab is where they usually put them

That's where I found mine on my 2004.. Also there was a electric brake loom, fuse and adaptor plug by my jack. I had to put the fuse in to make the brake lights on my camper work... I know this is hard but read the manual. All the info is there:D. I finally had to read mine:smash:

Oh! Congrats on the new truck!!!

The 5th wheel pigtail is behind the cab, on the driver's side, on top of the frame, above the fuel tank.

Found it!I looked through that manual but couldn't find it and I am still reading it I was just too darn tired to keep reading-that truck has a lot of cr#p in it.The navi is gonna take a while to figure all out thats for sure.

That's where I found mine on my 2004.. Also there was a electric brake loom, fuse and adaptor plug by my jack. I had to put the fuse in to make the brake lights on my camper work... I know this is hard but read the manual. All the info is there:D. I finally had to read mine:smash:

Oh! Congrats on the new truck!!!

Thanks,
Found the info in the manual lmao!Page 4-92.

You know you need to hook the hot wire up to the post at your fuse box for trailer plug power right? If you don't I can give you the link I used to install it. It's all there but it's not hooked up from factory.

Nor-Cal Nick

You know you need to hook the hot wire up to the post at your fuse box for trailer plug power right? If you don't I can give you the link I used to install it. It's all there but it's not hooked up from factory.

Nor-Cal Nick

I remember something about that give me the link though lol.The hot is actually at the fuse box correct,and I need to just connect it to the terminal?Thanks Nick

I remember something about that give me the link though lol.The hot is actually at the fuse box correct,and I need to just connect it to the terminal?Thanks Nick

Yes. Red wire under the steering shaft next to the fuse box and install on the 2nd post not used at the front of the fuse box. Make sure the fuse box has a fuse in it. Easy to tell if you use a test light to see if the post is hot and you know you are on the money.

Back