• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trade 4wheeler For My Boat?

dur0maxx

Is Blowin Soot On A Prius
Reaction score
I got a guy at work that wants to trade me his 4 wheeler for my boat.

I got:
96 Sea Rayder F16 (16ft jet boat)

He's Got:
400ex(I think) I know is a 400 and it's fairly new, like a 04-05 model its black if I remember correctly from the last time I seen it. I guess I really need more details. He has a few upgraded things and wants to do a straight trade. I told him I don't care. He thinks his bike is worth 4k, I don't know if it is though. What do you guys think. Is it worth it. I'm kinda over the boating thing right now, mainly cuz i really don't like the jet boat style after driving it. If it was an I/O I would keep it.

I'm thinkin of gettin it and ridin it until I can afford a Yamaha 700R for me and pass this onto the wife.

A 400EX not worth it, A 450R could be worth it depending on what shape it's in, any mods, beat to death etc. As far as the Raptor 700s go, be forwarned they are HEAVY, TOP HEAVY pigs. They run decently and the FI is nice, but I was not overly impressed with them. Most 450s will give them a run for their money. I am pretty impressed with the LTZ450 from Suzuki.

I found out his is a Z400 Kawi. I remember my buddy bought a 660r and traded it back in on a 450r cuz it was faster on the track. I only paid 1K for my boat and a few hundred to get it going. I really would like a 450r or a 660/700r but I am trying to do a straight trade.

If your only into the boat for 1300, I'd trade away in a heart beat. You know a boat is only a hole in the water to throw money into.

He came by today and took the boat for a spin, he said it was fun and he still wants to trade. So it looks like a go. Can't wait to get it and put it through its paces.

Now I gotta go back to Va to pick up my Recon 250 so I can rebuild it for the wife. I'm so hard on shit. I need to rebuild the rear, new clutch, and front brake master cylinder.

Back