• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TPS specs for 6.5 td v8

You have 3 wires to the TPS on the 1993 and older. Ground, 5v and the sense wire. It needs to be at 0.5v to 0.6v at idle with the cold start disconnected. Idle is the only reading that matters. It will trip a code if it goes under 0.5v and a cold morning is enough to trip it set at too low of a voltage. WOT is over 4v and generally 4.75. WOT will not set a code if the voltage is too low. Only the idle ignition on test will trip a code.

hey Oz I just did this for the first time, its noy real hard but u need to search the threads cause it might b something else is also a problem. The folks on this site got me thru it tho. I dont know how to post a link to my thread but if u use the search thing @ the top left corner and look under fuel pressure sender confusion u will find where I did mine. Good luck.

Back