• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

towing capacities

just a number

Reaction score
Is there any good place to find out what the tow ratings are for older truck. The stealer thinks that if you don't drive something from the 2005 and up, your not worth their time.:mad: any suggestions on where to find the info?

An R3500 is a two wheel drive one ton so your base gvw will be 85-9000 cab bed and axle config will make it defer. My 88 c3500 dually reg cab is only 9000 but the truck weighs more than that with just my bed and welder on it. The numbers don't mean a thing

Well if you can find an original owners manual it will have the capacities and all specs in it. Ebay has them for sale all the time

the owners manual makes a good doorstop not much else. They tell you to look on the label in the glove box. how many labels can you read after 17 years of service. the label is there just not legible. I tried to get a new one but no luck.

Back