• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

torsion bar question

offthewall

Reaction score
was helping my buddy put some new tires on his 06 chevy gas rig. and i tightened up the torsion bars for him. i measured and the passenger side was almost an inch lower than the driver side. i cranked the passenger side an extra turn to try to level it. now its only about a 1/4inch difference. the problem is that the passenger side bolt (lower side) is almost bottomed out and the driver side still has almost 3 threads showing. is this normal? a problem? :mad2:

Take it for a ride down a bumpy road and then remeasure to see where it settled out. The difference in reaming bolt length is common.

Take it for a ride down a bumpy road and then remeasure to see where it settled out. The difference in reaming bolt length is common.
Yes. Make sure you let the suspension settle after you change the height and check it again.

Don't forget to have the front end aligned after you are done changing the t-bar settings.

Back