• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Torque Wrench

Get a 3/8 drive inch/Lb one and divide the reading by 12 for ft/Lb. That'll get you low enough.

I have a 3/8 drive inch lb but I was too lazy to divide so I went to a conversion site and the answer is still to high in inch lbs for my torque wrench.

I ended up buying a craftsman click type when Osh had the 25% off craftsman a couple weeks ago. Made that 89.00 torque wrench more affordable so the heck with the digital thing.

How do the digital wrenches work? Do they still make a click or something to tell you you're at torque?

I think I would just as soon have an easy clicker

looking for inch lb. torque wrench recomendations
I am in need of an inch pound torque wrench.

Does Craftsman have anything good?

Any good used ones out there?

If anybody sees something on sale or for sale I would appreciate a heads up.

I have a Craftsman in/lb click type and am happy with it Jeff. If you just need to borrow it we could work out a place to meet or I could get it to a friend's house in Bourbonnais.

Thanks, Mike.

I have a few friends I can borrow them from. This is about the 5th time I've needed one and that seems to me like time to buy one and quit borrowing

We have a click type and a digital on the farm, digital was bought for the main studs on out peterbuilt, 280ft/lb iirc and it beeps when you get there (goes to 350). Both are craftsman and both work great.

We take a 5 gallon bucket of tools into sears every year. No questions asked, just get a new one!

Sears store around here is getting harder and harder to get warranty. Friend of mine was wearing a uniform for a local dealership (mechanic) they refused to warranty his tool because he was a professional.

I bought a Craftsman _ Made in Fricking China. The kid said that if I decided within 30 days that I didn't like it I could bring it back. No questions asked.

I'm pretty sure that will be happening. They can stick their Made in Chine wrench. Ill buy a good used one later

Haven't looked at where mine were made.

I had heard they wont warrenty your tools if you are from a company. My oil field buddy goes after work in street clothes for his but has started getting snap on tools.

I got the Craftsman I bought out to use it & it looks like I'll be taking it back unused. I got the digital because it was on sale. It came with no batteries so I couldn't use it anyway.
I was planning to take it back after using it. Looks like I'll just take it back>

No label saying batteries not included or anything neat like that. The sales kid never knew, I'm sure. I didn't want the made in China crap anyway

Back