• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

tools

I use it more often than you would think probably because I don't like to get wind blown by the window being down

Heres that commercial, it's so darn silly it's hillarious.. :D

[video=youtube;zNpDT98h6qs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNpDT98h6qs[/video]

we alaskan also eat more icecream per capita and usually it's in the winter, go figure

That's easy to explain.
The stuff falls from the sky in winter just like manna,one can graze it or lick it from the car or whatever,....
There's even areas with raisins or grapes if one likes variety:hihi:

Just have to avoid the yellow stained spots;)

more tools

another craigs list deal. I traded one of my drill presses for this bandsaw. I paid $50 for the drill press. I know carolina tools aren't the greatest quality but I prolly won't use it much.

Attachments

• 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 5
picked up this drill press yesterday for $50 It needs a motor, I think I have one that will work. Anyone got any idea what the one fixture on the column is for? I was originally thinking it was for a motor support but the more I look at it.....

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 11
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 10
Fence and holddown frame would be my guess. My modern Skill press has a fence ass'y on the column.

Half assed pic with a dear departed shop/barn cat.

Fuzzy1-1.jpg

After looking it over----

It has a set screw to hold the vertical height, not easily adjusted, and it is between the quill and the adjustable table. So, it wasn't meant to be quickly and /or easily adjusted for height. The machined surface is upside down to the quill, so it must have held some other item that was bolted to it (note the four bolt holes). Since it is not easily adjusted it must have always set off to the side, leaving quick and easy access to, and adjustability for, the drill table.

It seems to be overkill, but would it have held a drill bit/tool rack? Older tools seem to always have been built to hold up and last, unlike new tools. The only other thing to me would have been a highly specialized clamp/vise/jig set up that was for larger items. This would allow the regular table to be rotated off to the side during the special operation.

Don't you wish you could get inside the head of whoever designed and built this?

Don

the drill has a different base on it than the original. makes me wonder if the bracket is on upsidedown. also the set screw could have been a quickie replacement for a broken handle.

the drill has a different base on it than the original. makes me wonder if the bracket is on upsidedown. also the set screw could have been a quickie replacement for a broken handle.

I wonder if that braket is meant to bolt the unit to the edge of a workbench. Maybe it is not meant to be a freestanding unit.

Back