• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tonites Results.

durallymax

Reaction score
Well yesterday we had a long way to go before we could load the truck on the trailer let alone drive it under its own power. I started working on it at noon, and another buddy was there at 1pm. Slowly more and more people started showing up and surprisingly actually wanted to help. I went from working on my truck to managing the people working on my truck.

It was late but at 5am this morning It was on the trailer and everything was packed up and ready to go. Got up at 7 and hit the road at 8am. Road construction and a traffic jam made me miss my turn onto I-39 south and I ended up going in a whirlwind trying to get back to it. So we rolled in a little late as always and man is that place one giant cluster-uck. Huge building with tons of pullers and haulers and no parking.

I went to register and do that and my buddies and there buddies went to work getting everything set up. Another buddy had run to tell them that I was here as they were going to line up without me. I drove up to the door shut the truck off and fought the steering wheel as they drug me around inside.

I never did get teched for some reason.

I worked effortlessly talking with tim on the phone on what to alter in my tune to make it pull better only to find out my outdated firmware was still causing issues. with the first puller hooking to the sled(i was 3rd) i quickly downloaded 8.1 so that I could attempt to update my firmware with EFI explorer but again when I went to update it, it froze up, so as the next guy was going down the track i quickly scanned through the tune that was in my truck to fidn out which position i wanted the switch in.

I pulled out, locked everything in and built up some heat to lite the charger then gave her the beans and nothing, i sat there at 1300RPM putsing down the track, i though the turbo just wasnt spooled up and it would come to life but it didnt so I shut it down.

I opted to just be drug back to the starting line again and give it another shot right away. This time I spooled up as usual and then with my foot still holding the brake pinned it but i didnt get over 1300RPM. Note: I still havent moved yet as my foot is on the brake. i started flipping every switch in the cab and turning the DSP5 knob frantically but never could get the RPms to go over 1300, so i just walked it out 37' and let off so I would have a better chance at placing higher if other trucks broke right away which one did, Wesley Kusilek broke the driveshaft on the line.

As it was sitting in the pits I thought maybe my airshutoff had accidentally tripped as the truck will still run somewhat with it closed. But it was still set.

I looked for loose connections but nothing.

I then pulled the codes off which were a P0238(overboost) and P0089 which i believe is low fuel rail pressure but im not positive that is just off the top of my head. I cleared them and waited to be drug out of the building.

Later when we were about to load it up I decided to see if i had my throttle back and I did, it shot straight to 4600RPm when i mashed the throttle. I thought maybe my E-locker wires caused something so I flipped that switch but still had my throttle.

I talked to Tony Burkhard about it but all he came up with was maybe the MAF was screwing things up or maybe my lift pump had shutoff when the e locker was activated due to it getting its keyed power source from the same wire the lift pump does. My buddy did this as a quick job just to get the truck done.

We really dont know what caused it but all of the late nights, money and hard work didnt really pay off in the end. The pull was still pretty fun though, lots of big names there and a very nice track that really bit hard.

Sorry it came out like that Vinny.

But, at least you got to go and meet new people.

Always a next time..

Sorry to hear the bad news. Cut it just a tad too close eh?;)
How'd everybody like that handsome stack?:D

didnt get any comments on it. but Im sure some cummins guys in the stands were sating something along the lines of "he must have spent too much time painting his stack instead of getting it running"

I shouldve at least gotten an award for best appearing stack.

the issues is figured out. simply was just limp mode due to the fact that it was my daily driver tune and limp mode was not turned off.

well so far its running fine.

When we unloaded it, it was so cold from the trip that it idled like a pro stock pulling tractor, and the sound of the turbo mixed in sounded really cool.

But we did find out that the temprary last minute driceshaft loop mounts had broken on the way home so as I drove to the shop they rattled along the driveshaft.

I removed the loops, and switched tires then stacy got here and we took it for a beat run. At first we got a little scared as there was an odd grinding noise, but you could only feel it in the cab. I figured it was the downpipe rubbing the cobbled up factory dipstick tube. My drivers side on is here so I will be putting that in tomorrow.

we took it out and warmed it up a bit then started getting on it and WOW. We were looking for something to hold on when it hit 2100RPm and that charger lit.

We had tons of fun between driving around town in tow haul with nothing but whistle, and standing on it out on the back roads.

This thing is fun, a touch laggy but I think that just adds to the fun. I havent altered the tune yet but I will be taking some timing out down low to light the charger a bit quicker.

While driving around I ran into a buddy up a stop sign, as i coasted up to him i put it in 4x4 and engaged the e locker. He knows his truck isnt quick (F250) but wanted to give it a shot for the hell of it. I spooled up and was gone, he just let off right away within about a hundred yards, but alerted me that I had no tailights.

During that little stunt I noticed the exhaust got a lot louder. I flipped the cargo lamp on and watched the smoke shoot up around the stack. It fell off, o well no big deal.

However when i got home a pulled it into the shop I found the entire underside of my truck to be covered in tranny fluid. Im not to worried about it as I think it just came out of the dipstick tube hole as my dipstick tube isnt fullyt seated in it. Tomorrow ill have the right tube in and this should fix it.

I also saw that it looks like the seal in the rear housing of my t case is leaking slowly.

In addition I found yet another coolant leak. Very slow though, dont know where it is coming from yet.

Tomorrow we will get the right parts on it and search for the new coolant leak. Then well grab the camera and go out for another drive.

Jesus Vinny, all that work. Ah well, at least your happy with her, the work never ends, I pull a gasser and even know that. Oh well, good luck in the future, all of us Northerners are 'Pullin' for ya lol

still running decent but ive noticed tons of blue smoke at idle and popping and such i logged it last night and found it to be commanding 18,1oopsi of rail pressure at idle. injedctors are all good too which i was a little worried about.

my tunes all call for 5,000 at idle so im not sure whats going on.

i am on the phone with guy right now talking me through the firmware update. then i will be tuning all night.

Back