• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Today's projects....done!

chrisk1500

Reaction score
Got my ATA installed and painted my bed rails black to compliment the rockers.

I won't bore you with the install details....there are enough ATA threads out there now as it is....

I have to admit - the ATA does a MUCH better job at cooling the intake air than my WTA ever could have. With the WTA I would easily hit 1300*F at WOT. With the ATA I can hardly get the EGTs to hit 950* at WOT!

That is a pretty significant drop in EGTs. Might be worth hitting the track one more time this year just to see the difference....

Attachments

• DSC02561.jpg
    DSC02561.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC02562.jpg
    DSC02562.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC02563.jpg
    DSC02563.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC02564.jpg
    DSC02564.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC02565.jpg
    DSC02565.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 73
Nice job Chris!

sshewins:
You have no idea the amount of grasshoppers there are in Sask right now. The inside of my WHEELS have a layer of hoppers 1/3" thick!

Luckily, they didn't take after the durum or flax in our area this year!

Jay

Nice work Chris!

So, -refresh my crappy memory, -what turbo are you runnin' again?

Did you notice any additional lag with the added volume?

The black bed rails look great!

So, -when you gonna paint the wheels black too? :biggrin5:

Lots of hoppers here - not too many in the wheat though...good thing!

I am running a GM4. I have a GM8 sitting on the shelf in need of a rebuild...or I might stab a Holset on it...or I might get one of Slim/TD's turbos....we'll see if the spirit moves me...

Black/chrome rims are on the wish list...lol!

Nice dude. I knew you'd do a good job on it. Why didn't you use the Pen. intake? You can resell that puppy for a bit of cash if you're not going to use it.

I don't think my EGTs ever got over 1000*F even when pulling my trailer on the hottest days.

Dave

Thanks Dave.

I didn't use the Pen intake because I have an 'S' lower intake with HD intake gaskets (the ones that block off the EGR port right at the intake). I didn't want to risk blowing boost down the tower and blowing out the plugs in the intake gasket EGR ports. I know I can ram a 45 mm plug into the tower but that doesn't fill me with confidence. They don't fit tight enough IMHO.

I don't even know what the intake is worth....

Right....Forgot about that. I used it with S lower and frost plug with no problem. First I made sure that if the frost plug came out it wouldn't fit down any of the intake ports and it wouldn't. The one I used was an imperial size and slightly larger than 45mm. I literally had to hammer it in place and it stayed there for over a year and never went anywhere.

Pen intake is about $69 new plus the cost of drilling and tapping if you don't have the proper size taps. I had to get a machine shop to do the one for the IAT because it was going to cost me a fortune just to buy the tap that size. You should be able to sell if for $50 without any problem. Lots of guys were interested in it when I was selling off my stuff.

Dave

Thanks Dave.I know I can ram a 45 mm plug into the tower but that doesn't fill me with confidence. They don't fit tight enough IMHO. I don't even know what the intake is worth....

Clean everything up with acetone and green loctite that sucker.

I had to run some errands in the city this morning.

This truck is running even stronger now than before! SOTP dyno shows a very noticeable increase in 'get up and go'!

I definately need to hit the track....I am sure I can run a sub 16.5 (or better :wink5:)

I think the 2" outlet on my WTA intercooler was acting more like a restriction than anything....

I can really hear it whistle now...wahoo...:driving:

Back