• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Titan XD Truck Pulling

I will say, it's still a nissan, A shipping crate.
I owned a few classic Chevys. And the same classic Willys that my dad owned, who owned classic Fords and Nash. Our neighbor owned several classic Dodge/mopar. Friends with Studabakers and the like.
My Nephew owns a classic Jeep.
Here is a list of every classic nissan, toyota, honda, isuzu, I know owned by someone:

And that should cover it.

Reactions: NVW
@Will L. You have to admit to running down, and in your case maybe running over, a Nissan (classic Datsun) Z to see if it was a turbo edition or even a twin turbo ZX. The Datsun is from an era where you could tell the car without reading the badge on today's bland look alike 4 wheels and a box.

Classic in the collector sense, no, but by age you have to admit the number of those awful uncomfortable little import 4 cylinder beater pickups around. Maybe the rare survivor diesel editions could be considered collectors.

I will admit to the 280zx being a fun car to drive, like a fast go cart. (Didnt hurt that Roxanne was nice girl who owned it) And people can collect classic dictionaries if they want to call old dusty books "classic". But rice goes in my burrito or next to my orange chicken. Not in my garage, or a poster on the wall.

My '87 mercedes 300D is a desrireable older car. I will never qualify it as a classic. That old mercedes with the gull wing doors is a WAY cool old car. Doesnt get the sticker in my book though.

As for the nissan, if you see a wrecked nissan pickup in a junkyard, to you go over to it and try to figure out if you can rescue it from a crusher because it is a shame to see one go? Nope. Now how about a Desoto? Yup, a Desoto counts as a classic.
Classic Ford tarus? Nope. No such thing. Squish it- heck, let my hummer squish it for you. We'll take turns.

A good friend of mine had a nissan hardbody, Roxanne was his girlfriend. Good little truck, but no one will ever tell him "awe, too bad you got rid of it". My older brother had a 72 Datsun 620. First timing gear job i helped on as a kid. Notice it didn't make my list. That tin can got turned into a tin can, rightfully so. Now his Torino that got destroyed in So Cal on the freeway was a lost classic. An ugly one, but a classic.

In laughing (yes I laugh out load at myself) my sister walked down memory lane with hearing this thread. Besides the reinforced laughter in the right spots, even she agrees, but says my "rice" comment is racist. I told her thats national pride, there is a difference.

@Will L. Given the choice between a '70's Datsun Z with the carb setup you had to flip up the one feeding 3 of the six cylinders to adjust them one at a time and the shitbox Dodge charger I drug home for a friend here, ... I admire the work of art the carb setup is. I already voted that a 1992 GMC, first year of the 6.5L TD, is a "classic" worth keeping a roof over. So, yeah, NIMG: Not In MY Garage.

Clearly what a classic car is to someone is just a measure of insanity. Rolls Royce, Porsche, Mercedes Diesel, and a big RWD Cadillac top my list of sedans should I ever need one.

Meanwhile "the wrapper" for the Cummins engine being made in Mexico for Dodge, FCA, or by Nissan for the 5.0 V8... At least there is hope for the Cummins in whatever wrapper vs. the GM designed 3.0 diesel FCA got ahold of. After all there are "official engine failure" threads for that hand grenade in the 1/2 tons already. Like I predicted FCA choose poorly. They do deserve credit for proving 1/2 ton diesel will sell.

Last edited:
Haha. quite the adventure for another car I would crush. Sorry thats not a real charger. I have been suckered into trips like that one. And btw, all Cadillacs are rear wheel drive I saw some monster truck safety cones that were front wheel drive with a caddy emblem. ;)

Has anyone here bought or driven the nissan cummins yet. I promise i will quit picking on it best i can if so...

The 1970 Eldorado is front wheel drive with a 500 cubic inch motor 400 hp and 550 tq. They definitely don't build them like that anymore. Classic.
1970-eldorado-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back