• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tire stuck on hub

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
Working on one of the work vans, Took the lugs off and the rim is rusted to the hub. If had thisa happen before but it is baddd. Ive socked it all day with PB Blaster, jammed a pry bar in the, hit it with a hamer, nothing. I need to replace the rotor, caliper, pads, so I dont care if I hurt them. Also the rim is rusty, so hurting it isnt a big deal. Please help with ANY idea, no matter how crazy, I gotta get this thing back on the road :mad2:

Ive been using a sledge without anything on it with all my might beating the shit outta the rim, no luck, none at all. Spent over a hour on it. :eek::eek:

Option 2. But the truck down on the wheel with 2 lug nuts on loose and drive it around in a figure 8 pattern.

Went back into work in the dark and Got it off with a axle size sledge! Now I can sleep tonight not worrying about it :eek:

Hey Justin, I thought of you last weekend when doing a tire rotation on my Silverado. The passengar side rear wheel would not come off, even hitting it with the sledge. I ended up taking a 4 foot pipe and wedging it into the frame rail and pulling with everything I had. On try # 3, it popped right off... Funny how things work.

I had that problem when trying to change the wheels on my now old 05, after dinking around with a sledge and different ideas for an hour, here's what works best.

Take 4 or 6 of the lug nuts, either the opposing side or sides on. Back them off 1/4 of the way. Drop it on the ground and rock that truck like you and your buddies are trying to put it on its side. Hasnt failed yet.

Last edited:
I had that problem when trying to change the wheels on my now old 05, after dinking around with a sledge and different ideas for an hour, here's what works best.

Take 4 or 6 of the lug nuts, never the opposing side or sides on. Back them off 1/4 of the way. Drop it on the ground and rock that truck like you and your buddies are trying to put it on its side. Hasnt failed yet.

I'll file that idea away....that's a good idea. I normally just beat them to death although I've never had a whole bunch of trouble with a tire but I've beat rotors until they've broken away from the hat. Usually have to torch those to help get them off but you can't really torch a tire. :D

I just discovered a better idea than the loose lug nut trick, which has never failed me. I used a dent puller, found the right piece to fit inside the wheel opening and 2 slide bangs and it came off like butter. This was aluminum wheels on an 07 Chevy. I wrapped a little tape around the edges of the hook on the dent puller to be sure not to mark the wheels.

Back