• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tire Score at Sears! ?

Dura-Ration

No Obuma
Reaction score
I have been tire shopping for weeks and talked to numerous members on they're opinions. And I've read several truck test magazines via the internet on the tire to come to my final decision. Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10. Searching for the best price for that tire I found the price of 166.00 each at (I can't tell you .com) . So I went to several tire stores locally and found that they could get it for me at 182.00 each, so they ordered it for me and said it would be 3 days. They were to call me when they arrived. They didn't call me, so I called them to check. The manager said, I don't know let me check. He checked and found they were out, so they canceled the order. Great. So I told him, Hell I can get them from ( I can't tell you .com ) in two days. And he couldn't understand how. But if you can get them here, I'll put them on. But there won't be a warranty because this store didn't buy them. Oh, uh?
So, I said well let me check around. So I looked around to find the same answer at most stores. I called a good friend of mine in Slidell, La. that knew of a tire store that had good prices. (PepperPaul) He called and knew that the store didn't handle Hancukoo tires, but he called anyway to help me out. And they did not, so he called several others to find nothing. At last resort he called Sears, because he knew they price matched. I said OH Really! I didn't know that. He said yes they do. Ok I'll call my local Sears. Sears told me sure, just bring your ad and the Sears ad and we'll see what we can do. I went to Sears and they matched 166.00 per tire. Score !

With a better priced warranty and Balanced for the life of the tires, than the first place I went to
. Triple Score! Hot Damn !:D
Thanks again Paul.

Discount Tires Direct was the tire store that Sears price matched... ;)

Oh my...did I say that? :eek:

Last edited:
Oh, I can say that?:nono:

Discount tire direct

Well i ain't got'em yet ! Three to five days.:nonod:
But I can wait for that price.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
just cant have a link or the .com ;)

you can name drop all you want otherwise...

Discount Tire Direct

Discount Tire Direct

Discount Tire Direct

Discount Tire Direct

see?

It' s not like people cant google that and find it for themselves if they need to...

As with anything, we'd rather people check our vendors first though

Last edited:
I didn't know that.

Thanks for the info guys!

Ever heard Ron White? Dont let them put them on your truck for you... :D

I don't know about Dura, but my experience with the Hankooks has been great. Super quiet and excellent traction. Was going to get Michelin like the last three times, but the Hankooks passed my expectations...

Buy You Some Today

Great tire. For towing, drag racing, wet traction, Smooth ride, Quiet as a passenger car tire. Tire wear seems to be great so far, I have 10,000 miles with drag racing and looks new. Went to Colorado in some snow,they had good traction there too.
For the price, there is no better.
For those that are as hardheaded as BTFarm:mad2:, Hankook ATM RF10 are MUCH better than BF Goodrich T/A KO tires that I had.
:thumbsup:

I'm getting used to them...the sidewalls aren't quite as stiff as the Bridgestones I used to run, so I'm getting a slight sway with the trailer when towing that I never had before...moreso when passing another vehicle, but especially when passing an 18 wheeler...I nosed the trailer down using my adjustable hitch and corrected some of it out...enough to be a little more comfortable...I going to experiment with tire pressure some and maybe letting the t-bars down some in the front to see if I can get it back to where it was...

I did get it stuck in a sand over mud bottom boat launch trying to get a boat out of the water...but to be fair, the tide was extremely low and I had to put the truck and boat trailer in way farther than normal so maybe the boat trailer was off the sand and sunk in the mud...I never checked...we just pushed the boat off and the truck drove right out and we picked the boat up at a cement launch instead...on edit: I did not air the tires down from full pressure b/c I didn't have a compressor to refill them with...that may have made some difference if I could have.

I'll report back when I get more data...

Last edited:
Back