• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tire Deflators

Cowracer

Cognito Ergo Moo
Reaction score
Wow. didnt know these things existed.

I bought some new(er) tires for my sammy (thank you craigslist), 33X12.5X15 and left them at about 40-45psi after mounting. We went wheeling on sunday and as I was unstrapping the sammy I realized that I never aired them down. So I'm sitting there with a ball point pen and tire guage, airing down the right front (and taking a damn long time about it) when my buddy comes over, asks me why I insist on doing things the hard way, and screws this red anodized thing onto the right rear valve stem. He then does it to the other 3 tires.

In about a minute, all four of them stopped hissing, and he pulled them off. I checked and each one was almost exactly 12 psi. Holy cow! I gotta get me some of those. So I go to looking on the interwebs for them and I see there is 2 main vendors, staun and oasis.

Anyone got a preference for them. I'm leaning to towards the staun, but I'm not sure if their pressure setting lockring is a good design.

Tim

Man... I could use four of those for the truck when heading to the drag strip...are they adjustable? I need two different poundage's for the front and rear...

Tank,

Is that the same principal...just screw them on and the pressure airs down to a set PSI?

or do you have to push that button each 3 PSI increment you want to air down...?

How fast?

I've got it down to sort of a science for the first 40 PSI I air down...unscrew the valve inner and Count to a specific # ex: 29 seconds ...put the innards back in and micro adjust the pressure...

Tank,

Is that the same principal...just screw them on and the pressure airs down to a set PSI?

or do you have to push that button each 3 PSI increment you want to air down...?

How fast?

I've got it down to sort of a science for the first 40 PSI I air down...unscrew the valve inner and Count to a specific # ex: 29 seconds ...put the innards back in and micro adjust the pressure...

they do alright,..they are manual triggers

here are a few more ideas..

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/trail/154_0809_10_tire_deflators/index.html

Man... I could use four of those for the truck when heading to the drag strip...are they adjustable? I need two different poundage's for the front and rear...

Yep. they are individually adjustable and fully automatic. Screw them on, wait till they stop hissing, and take them off.

Tim

I see someone on Flea bay has some that claim to be "just as good as the stauns...but 1/4 the price...looks the same too...but you know how that goes :rolleyes:

Funny you speak of tire deflators...just before getting on here...I was thinkin ...man...I gotta get central tire inflation....a bit in another league but...none-the-less.....

Funny you speak of tire deflators...just before getting on here...I was thinkin ...man...I gotta get central tire inflation....a bit in another league but...none-the-less.....

Tire dflation is good,...but tire INFLATION is better...

10,000 watt inverter, powering a 115v air compressor, which s fills 16 gal of onboard air...

InverterandAirCompressorjuly20089.jpg

CustomAirJack0713.jpg

CustomAirJack0715.jpg

InverterandAirCompressorjuly200813.jpg

InverterandAirCompressorjuly200815.jpg

Back