• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TINY TACH digital display

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Now stocking the TINY TACH. It is a very accuate and simple way to get a tach reading. A sensor clamps onto the injector line and sends a signal to the display. It has an hour meter, count down timer and count up timer. I just installed one and it took 15-20 minutes.
These are great if you do not have the correct size alt pulley or have done an engine swap. They work on the 6.5, Cummins 4bt, 6bt, Isuzu 4bd1, 4bd2

I'll get more/better pictures later.
DSCN3351.JPG

Hmmm wonder if this would work on a 6.2? Mainly looking at it for my '69/88 GMC hybrid build. ('69 Body on 88+ chassis)

Perfect for a 6.2 also. Basicaly anything with a dedicated hard line to the injectors. You can put the sensor on any of the lines and you will still have the proper RPM.

on mine as well, the 6.2L in dad's new 84 C3500 is in need of a tach. It sounds like its screaming, but it may or may not be.... we are wondering if it has 4.56 gears. top end is literally 55, above that it sounds like the motor is going way too fast.

Nice! I may need to consider one for my Sierra as well since my tach is out by 200 rpm apparently...

You can measure it. Last two alternators I have bought came from Napa and both show less than 50rpms difference from the scan tech. The two trucks I have bought with alternator pulleys that showed about 200 rpms off measured around 2 7/16". One was a Carquest and the other appeared to be an Advance unit. The Napa pulleys are 2 5/8" and look noticeably larger. The others look like standard gasser tachs like on the 4.3-350 TBIs.

The tiny tach looks sweet. I like the hour meter feature.

Back