• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Times from today

durallymax

Reaction score
Well I made it to great lakes dragway today to do some 1/4 times.

It was my first time ever running the 1/4 mile so I really didnt know what to expect.

My first run I was up against a Kia Rio. I didnt get the truck spooled up, slept on the line and the engine shutdown before 1,000'. I netted a 2.02 60' and a 14.7 1/4 at 73mph I believe.

The next run I was against really strong running Rat Rod that had a sign on the trailer that said it was the fastest of its kind in the world but that may have been his other car or something.

He broke at 60'. I took time to spool my truck up and dropped my 60' to 1.96. But again coasted through to the finish with a high 13 second pass.

My next run was against a 350Z, I spooled it up and slept on the line, netted a 1.9 60' again and coasted through to the finish with a 14.323. The 350Z was all out at 14.333

The next run I tried a different tune that was on my switch which I new had rail pressure issues. I was against myself and got distracted, I didnt spool it up, and slet on the line again. The rail pressure loss really did a number and I coasted through to a 15 second pass with a buinch of codes.

I decided to try the old tune one last time. i was up against a drag prepped older camaro. I spooled up to 2600RPM taking full advantage of my 1055 torque converter. Slept off the line and lauched hard spinning all 3 tires until it cuaght 2nd then went through the gates at 13.76. The camaro had a 13.4. The spinning really took its toll as I had a 2 second 60' again. But my motor stayed alive till the finish

The trans really woke the truck up and with some more tim spent on set up and tuning I think I can hit low 13s.

My EFI Live wasnt funtioning properly so I was stuck with the tunes on my switch which werent very good. I wish I couldve worked on tuning it more but oh well.

It was a fun time and the truck is still in one piece. The trans was shifting decent but rough. Mostly due to tuning.

YouTube - Dieselholic Drag Racing

Awesome. Glad it held together for ya. Reaction times take lots of practice, mine are real erratic at times.:doh:

reaction time doesnt affect the ET only affects if you get to the end first if its a close race. congrats on a good nite out. do you know why the motor shuts down? had a buddy with a similar problem on his lb7. forgot how we got around that. but his cut out a t98 mph

I know it doesnt effect it, but I figured I would admit that I was slow at the light. I wasnt paying attention to the tree just getting the truck spooled.

I dont know why the motor shuts down. Your experiecne sounds like the speed limiter. Mine Is removed. I had pushed it up to 131 a year ago according to my scan tool, but that was a long stretch of road.

IMO it was fun, but sled pulling is more fun. Knowing you only have one chance to get it right and actually workking the truck is much more of a rush to me.

theres more limiting tables than just the speed limit tables. might be a fuelsing table somewhere that was missed.raced my buddy one night at the track. he left late but started chasing me down. he was at my back door and comming past fast, then bang. fuel cut off by the 1000 foot mark and I still won. I believe I hijacked this thread.... lol

I may have them overlooked on that tune. On my pulling tune everything and anything is overridden. I wanted to run i tbut couldnt

Back