• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Throwing Codes Again

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Still getting codes in very cold weather.
2 days in a row now when I hit it pretty hard after about 55 miles of hwy driving at -5* to +5* it fell on it's face and threw a P0087 low fuel rail pressure. I'm running with the radiator cover and temps are decent. Also threw another P0700, a P0102 and P0113 in between the 0087s. I was in limp when I pulled into the lot here at work.
I would suspect the fuel filter and gelled fuel if it wasn't for the fact that it's only got a couple of thou on it and I've been real careful to use PS with each fillup.
WTF?

p0102 is a mass air flow sensor code.
p0113 is a intake temp sensor code. sensor circuit high voltage

there is a bulletin for gelling/waxing out, and also one for a fuel line being kinked.

have you gotten your fuel from the same station that you did last time this happened. i'd bet your getting bad fuel and the power service is not strong enough or your not using enough compared to how bad the fuel is.

have a look also at your air filter for the maf/temp sensor codes. see if it is plugged up.

I had the MAF connector off this past weekend and went through a couple of key cycles with it off. Those could be the leftover codes. Air filter is fairly new and not real dirty.
Last couple of tanks were from another trusted fuel source. What I think might be happening is this.
Last time this happened (when it was more than -20*), I changed the filter and the next day the pumps were locked out AM at -27*. I filled up same place later that afternoon at -15* and since then we haven't been way below 0* until the last couple of nights. I'm parked inside above freezing over night. It could be there's still some crap restricting the filter from the first time that just didn't get cleared out and when the temps get so low it's worse. Much as I hate to I'm gonna have to put a new filter on and see if it makes a difference. The truck just plain hasn't performed right since the first incident 2 weeks ago.
Make sense?

it could be, especially if the filter had to clean that bad fuel that was in the tank after you changed it. it doesnt take much in a 2 micron filter. try doing it again and see what happens. also run the power service and also some straight up anti gel. keep me posted.

Thanks Joe. I've got a pint of 911 I could dump in with the regular PS with the next fillup on Fri AM.

Changed the filter last night and cleared codes. Ran fine this AM with no hesitation even though it was 5 below again. Let's see, bad load of fuel = 2 filters ruined and 2 1/2 weeks of grief. Sheesh!

Back